[Experimental Update] - 397043

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This update fixes some bugs, adds a new event, and tries ramp up Rook's difficulty curve a little faster.

• Add event_bogger_proselytizer.lua
  • Adjusted rook's scaling difficulty ramp. It now goes: [day 1: 1, day 2: 2 / 3, day 3: 4] The day 2 transition is when the sun sets.
  • fix bug where the boss on day 3 would always be arint
  • don't spawn event_deep_bogger_01.lua if you already have bog secrets of any kind
  • bog boss doesn't participate in the day 3 fight (wait for day 4!)
  • bog burr loot scales with difficulty
  • Armored no longer triggers if the fighter is not active 
  • Renamed "Pale Cheap Shot" to "Very Cheap Shot"
  • Erchins can no longer give themselves Diseased through buffing
  • Flead Larvae attacks are now marked as debuff
  • Clarified the desc of Wide Slugstorm
  • Swapped out bog_blaster for jammed_blaster in rise_trade_secrets.lua
  • Conditions that deal damage to the owner now correctly affect the surrender/death preview
  • add stub convo for cobblebots

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Renamed "Pale Cheap Shot" to "Very Cheap Shot"

Hehehehe

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

don't spawn event_deep_bogger_01.lua if you already have bog secrets of any kind

Did you fix the 2nd part of this event too? You can still get bog secrets in between from bog burr loot boxes, or from the opportunity where you protect someone going into the bog shrine thing.

EDIT: there seems to be some problem with the lockbox. Hatching it is crashing the game for me.

Edited by pacovf

• Developer

Oof. I’ll look into that crash. 

grimdellia looks for the specific secret that she gave you, or its descendent. If you get one in the middle... I think she will just ignore it (looking at the code). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hmm... IMHO the problem with that, from the point of view of the player, is that all of the Bog Secret cards look identical, so they won’t know which one to prioritize.

It’s not a huge deal, since you can always refuse to give it back, though.

EDIT: to be clear, I think the ideal scenario is that Grimdellia is happy if you upgrade *any* Bog Secret, not just the specific one she gave you.

Edited by pacovf

• Developer

Fix is pushed for the crash. That's a good point about the bog secrets card. I suspect it's pretty rare to get get secret, get ANOTHER secret, and then upgrade only the second one before grimmy comes back to you, but I guess it could happen :) 

• Thanks 2

Well, not *so* rare. She checks on you rather quickly, there's barely enough time to upgrade one Bog Secret card, much less 2 or more. So you basically had to choose one and upgrade that one exclusively for a day or so. And well, feels bad to pick the wrong one :p

Finding yourself with multiple Secret cards at the same time was rare when the only way to get them was her quest and the "Into the Bog" opportunity, but it's much more common now that you can also get them from bog burr loot. I had 4 secrets at the same time in my last run, and could have gotten a 5th one. EDIT: should be less common now that her quest can't happen if you already had a secret, that's true.

Edited by pacovf

On 2/27/2020 at 7:23 PM, Kevin said:

Adjusted rook's scaling difficulty ramp. It now goes: [day 1: 1, day 2: 2 / 3, day 3: 4] The day 2 transition is when the sun sets.

The fight against the merchant caravan in "Babysitting bandits" is harder than it should be now. Any fight with a merchant and 3 other enemies is really, really tough. And you only have 2 NPCs helping you, unless you luck into a pet.

Baron negotiations ramp up too fast with the difficulty scaling. You need to devote more and more damage every turn to keep their unique arguments under control, which stalls the negotiation and then impatience will kill you (they arguably benefit from it more than any other faction). Something like having the stack count of their unique argument increase every turn, instead of creating a new one every turn, would help keep them manageable. EDIT: Not sure that's the ideal solution, but it would help. Reworking "scruples" behaviour could help too.

Edited by pacovf