No space material sour Gass boiler and Lox or LH2 for cooling? Anyone?

13 hours ago, Lilscratchy said:

That's the one big plus of thermo regulators in this case, I'm really walking on eggshells. One wrong move and my coolant boils which would delay me so much in terms of having to repair the damage, it's a delicate setup. Once a pipe breaks it doesn't take long for all the liquid oxygen everywhere to vaporize.

This is why I am always doing my lox setups in space. All the leaks clean themselves rapidly.

6 hours ago, FutureJohny said:

This is why I am always doing my lox setups in space. All the leaks clean themselves rapidly.

I don't think the problem was in having to mop up the mess but rather in repairing the pipes and losing the liquid.  Losing it to space would be even worse than just having to pump it back through the thermo-regulator.

2 hours ago, psusi said:

I don't think the problem was in having to mop up the mess but rather in repairing the pipes and losing the liquid.  Losing it to space would be even worse than just having to pump it back through the thermo-regulator.

Oxygen is mostly waste gas for me, not something of great value. Any leaked gas risks heating up other surrounding pipes, or even break safety vacuum layer, causing even more leaks.

Archived