Bee Keeper Character?

I came up with an (basic) idea for a new dst character that's a beekeeper. Some abilities would include:

• Killer bees are neutral
  • Some more craftable bee items
  • Something to do with honey?
  • Doesn't like sailing? (Decrease in sanity)

Stats might be something like Health (125) Hunger (150) Sanity (175)

If anyone could also come up with ideas to refine this character or maybe make a sketch that would be cool! Also maybe come up with a name.

-does 50% less damage on bees (bee queen included)

- recovers 2 sanity per minute near beehives, and 6 sanity per minute near giant bee hive

- can't attack with it's fist, but can attack with it's stinger

- 10% more damage during spring

- if attacked near other bees, all bees nearby will aggro on the mob that attacked you

10 hours ago, Tryak said:

Do you mean a stinger or does he spawn with one?

I mean, the character must have a stinger on it's body (butt), bee-like. So it can uses that to attack :D

8 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Maybe allow him/her to craft honeycomb, 3 honey and 1 cut reed?

Consuming honey provides larger stat increases than other characters?

Able to force bees to gather honey during winter for a short time?

crafting honeycomb would be wayyyy to op. Maybe it can upgrade the beeboxes/hives instead? 

I agree with the honey stats and beekeeping in winter

4 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

crafting honeycomb would be wayyyy to op. Maybe it can upgrade the beeboxes/hives instead? 

I suppose. Upgrading beeboxes would be cool. Maybe it could boost the amount you get from a full box to 8-10?

Maybe the character could be given the option to harvest small amounts of honey from existing beehives?

Maybe Royal Jelly could be brought into the mix as well?

This could definitely be OP if not implemented right, but maybe have a Wilson/Webber beard type mechanic? The character could produce a small amount of Royal Jelly once every.....20 days or something? An amount equal to a third or a quarter of the amount you get from killing BeeQueen? Possibly tie it to a crafting recipe that requires a honeycomb to try and balance out any OP-ness?

12 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I suppose. Upgrading beeboxes would be cool. Maybe it could boost the amount you get from a full box to 8-10?

Maybe the character could be given the option to harvest small amounts of honey from existing beehives?

ooooh, harvesting honey from beehives sounds cool.

beeboxes with 10 honey sounds ok. Not too much op. (66% bigger)

14 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

I mean, the character must have a stinger on it's body (butt), bee-like. So it can uses that to attack

I thought the character was a beekeeper not a bee. I thought a bee keeper would make more sense and there are already a lot of animal characters. So should it be a bee or beekeeper?

22 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Maybe allow him/her to craft honeycomb, 3 honey and 1 cut reed?

Yeah I think that's too op, maybe make the recipe closer to spider egg kind of hardness to obtain, like 6 honey 4 papyrus?

And like two rope

44 minutes ago, Tryak said:

I thought the character was a beekeeper not a bee. I thought a bee keeper would make more sense and there are already a lot of animal characters. So should it be a bee or beekeeper?

oooooooooooh, I may have read the topic completly wrong, sorry haha

Archived