Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Hatterpillar

Wendy Rework suggestion

Okay so I was brain storming on what Klei could do for Wendy's Rework.
Well I have a few ideas in regaurds to Abigail. 

Because of Willow and Bernie's rework, I think we all would want something that would make Wendy and abigail better or equally as good as Bernie and Willow.
Or at the very least something to set them apart and make two distinguished play styles.

Wendy's other problem is that she is good early game, but not so good late game.

Quick NOTE: Wendy's 2 perks, "She doesn't hit very hard" unless you want to make her deal 35% less damage and don't change comfortable with the dark.

SOoooooo What can we do?
For Abigail: 
1. Give us the ability to control her.
Now I don't her to be able to farm stone and cut down trees....No no no no no no no.
Thats a big NOOO!
We can control her as in, we can tell her who we want to attack! or we can tell her to retreat and stay away from enemies.

One of the most annoying things about Abigail is the fact she'll start attacking random things, and we can't really stop her, even if we run really far away from where she is.
Adding this will make using Abigail much less tip toeing on eggshells in the swamp.

2. Up her HP to...I wanna say 1500 HP? 
And if Abigail falls in combat, you can either wait for her flower to bloom, or kill a bunch of creatures near DROPPED flower to shorten the blooming timer. 

3.So I got this idea from Willow and Bernie
What if Wendy could equip Abigail?
This would be Abby's special special ability, one that someone can use in the late game.
When Abigail is summoned, you will have a third command that says protect.
When activated Abigail will fly over and become a opaque vail over you or the team mate you told her to protect. 
Abigail will take up your head gear slot, with her flower.
She will absorb 75-70% physical damage
Her durability/hp when she's being used as a helmet I wanna say 400-350....if not maybe 310-290.?
When she is protecting Wendy, Wendy will loose sanity 25% the natural sanity speed.
How ever....If Abigail is protecting another player, that player will slowly loose sanity.
(Or Both Wendy and other characters could both loose sanity,its just Wendy's sanity loss is slower)
And after you attack an enemy 3 times in rapid succession, Abigail will do a small AoE attack dealing damage, depending on what time of day or night it is.
And After you get hit 3 times, in a rapid succession, Abigail will do a small AoE attack dealing (depending on as mentioned time)
Lastly... Abigail provides enough light to protect you from Charlie, if she is in Gaurd mode. (her light is smaller then Willow's Lighter and can only protect the one she is gaurding)

As for a down side....What if Wendy also walked 25% slower then the other characters.
And....IDK what do you all think??
I'd really like to see this, what about you all?

8 hours ago, Hatterpillar said:

1. Give us the ability to control her.
Adding this will make using Abigail much less tip toeing on eggshells in the swamp.

I agree with this for the same reason you said. She is just too suicidal, getting into fights (and dragging you with her) that you will clearly lose/die to.

2. Up her HP to...I wanna say 1500 HP?

I only agree with this 50%. I mean, if klei does buff abigail's hp, please don't allow people to cycle flowers (by having a bunch of ready-to-summon Abigail flower on inventory). Otherwise it will be way too over powered

What if Wendy also walked 25% slower then the other characters.

This would be a deal breaker for me (and maybe for a lot of other players). It is a huge downside

47 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

I agree with this for the same reason you said. She is just too suicidal, getting into fights (and dragging you with her) that you will clearly lose/die to.

I only agree with this 50%. I mean, if klei does buff abigail's hp, please don't allow people to cycle flowers (by having a bunch of ready-to-summon Abigail flower on inventory). Otherwise it will be way too over powered

This would be a deal breaker for me (and maybe for a lot of other players). It is a huge downside

Agreed. Abigail's AI is really buggy, it'd be best if in the future rework the player would be able to control her to keep everything intact, of course not everyone might like that but even implementing her AI would be really helpful, as for her health she could use a little boost but i think 1500 is too much, i mean it's half of deerclops's hp, maybe settle for something like 750? I like the veil/barrier and stances idea, but i don't think turning her into a fully functioning personal tank would fit her role, basically abigail's stealing the spotlight of the intended rework, wendy needs some personal attributes aswell, sure her sister plays a major part in her lore and gameplay but your ideas seem to be mostly connected towards abigail, making wendy completely useless without her.

Am I crazy for feeling like flower cycling is cheating?

I think Wendy’s biggest downside should always be Managing & Maintaining Abigails Flower.. that’s it, that’s All... nothing more, nothing less.

It takes awhile for Abigails cooldown to be ready again.. and without Abby Wendy is super weak & Squishy Boomerangs Don’t even kill birds for her.

In the end (when Abigail gets smarter AI and stops attacking things that will easily kill her) and you can heal her without her floating away.. this downside Balances itself out.

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

as for her health she could use a little boost but i think 1500 is too much, i mean it's half of deerclops's hp, maybe settle for something like 750? I like the veil/barrier and stances idea, but i don't think turning her into a fully functioning personal tank would fit her role.

2 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

My reason for saying make it that much
was because Bernie has 2000 Hp and does 50 damage. Someone made a video of Bernie fighting deerclops and looking back its a slow but op Strat.
But yeah it is still a lot looking back...And that would be op.
Yeah your right, about 750 now or 800 hp is fine.
Because now that I think about it, if you can control her, you can tell her to stop fighting bosses or enemies, let her regen her hp, then have her start fighting again...
And Yeaaaaaaaaaaa Cycling through flower's wouldn't work anymore if killing things would lower the cool down timer.....
Actually instead of giving her a cool down reduction when you kill things, maybe when you tell Abby to retreat she will constantly avoid enemies and damage( unless she gets swarmed or hit with ranged attacks of course)

I would still want her to have the Veil/gaurdian mode so she would have some other use then just being able to tell her what to do
Maybe if that was in the game it protects you from 65 physical damage?

Oh and note! Abby's flower should have % on it, so we can see when can summon her, and when her flower is taking up a head slot when protecting Wendy or another player. When the % hits zero when protecting a player, she will turn back into a flower and fall on the ground.

But uh...What could we give Wendy then?...
She'll have low damage output, and is fine with the dark.......Any ideas?