Kitchen Room?

I don't like to put the grill in the mess hall, I prefer to just have more mess tables.
So usually the electric grill and the microbe musher end up in the same room. Egg cracker and gas grill are built here in later game too.

I figure I can't be the only one putting all my cooking related things in the same area.
How about if there are 3 or more cooking devices in the same room, it counts as a kitchen?
Maybe it helps the chefs cook the food faster?

19 hours ago, Wander Trico said:

I don't like to put the grill in the mess hall, I prefer to just have more mess tables.
So usually the electric grill and the microbe musher end up in the same room. Egg cracker and gas grill are built here in later game too.

I figure I can't be the only one putting all my cooking related things in the same area.
How about if there are 3 or more cooking devices in the same room, it counts as a kitchen?
Maybe it helps the chefs cook the food faster?

Yup, we all bundle the cooking together.
Kitchen room and a Lab room have been requested a couple of times.
Its really logical to have such rooms.

5 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

Yup, we all bundle the cooking together.
Kitchen room and a Lab room have been requested a couple of times.
Its really logical to have such rooms.

Lab room! That's a good idea too!
Like if they do research in a lab, it helps the meter build up a little faster.
Really odd that such rooms haven't been put in the game yet, especially if they've already been requested a lot.

With Meep's recreational package, I'm hopeful that Klei will still keep adding things even in the full release.

A kitchen room only makes sense if it adds some sort of bonus. Earlier i was thinking about a special kitchen station where dupes would make spice to improve the created food but maybe just a cook spped bonus would be enough. The thing is cookong never takes that much time that i would need that sort of bonus.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

A kitchen room only makes sense if it adds some sort of bonus. Earlier i was thinking about a special kitchen station where dupes would make spice to improve the created food but maybe just a cook spped bonus would be enough. The thing is cookong never takes that much time that i would need that sort of bonus.

I was thinking more of a bonus to kCal for meals if its prepared in a kitchen.

Maybe kitchen, being a clean place with organized tools, helps not only with cooking a tiny bit faster, but also prevents germs from transferring from ingredients to cooked meal? Completely or at least partially. Not necessary, but cool and adds flavor to the profession.

Lab room obviously also speeds up the research a bit, but also may be required for researching high-tier stuff, or for researching upgrades for existing buildings, some kind of things to do when you've researched everything. Buildable points of interest, for example, or a way to deconstruct/rearrange existing ones. 

Archived