Is there any point to feeding algae to wild pacu

*From conveyor chutes/dispensers, not fish feeders*

Just finished an automated slime distiller setup and I decided to start moving the pacu nearby into an automated tank as well and feed them all the algae from the distillers and elsewhere in the base since I have electrolyzers now. But, I'm not sure if that actually does anything besides make them produce polluted dirt when theyre wild, I was hoping to get more meat and eggshells for it I guess, so should I just save the algae for emergency oxygen production/CO2 scrubbing instead? Again, I'm not going to tame them, they arent being fed from feeders.

Edit: They're also getting overcrowded in the new tank, will that counter any effect from the algae feeding?

There is no point to feeding pacu their full diet. Pacu eating habits are absurd, there is no reason to waste your algae that way.

There is plenty of utility in feeding pacu tiny bits and scraps of algae. Starvation mechanics allow critters to live for 10(?) cycles before dying, and any amount of food will reset that starvation timer. So players feed their Pacu a tiny scrap of algae, and this lets them live long enough to lay two eggs instead of one.

There's a ton of pacu farms around the forums. Do a few searchs and check them out.

I get so many from the pod  that I don't bother wasting time or resources anymore trying to breed them.  Used to have a breeding farm fish setup but now it's just pointless.    Only thing I have setup is a gulp fish pool and a tropical fish pool.    Tropical fish pool is a good heat deletion. 

Archived