Queen Bee vs Dragonfly

Hey, is it possible to pit the Queen Bee vs Dragonfly against each other and watch the epic fight between two most health having giants on the surface world?

I have tried luring the Bee to the Fly arena vice-versa, but they seem to turn back at almost the moment both of them would appear on the same screen.

I haven't tried the method of Telelocator staff/focus (by teleing the Bee to the Fly arena), but I wonder would it work? Has anyone else tried?

Would they even be aggressive to each other or just stay neutral to each other (like for example spiders and beefalos)?

Would very much appreciate any info. 

I haven't actually tried, but I expect this would be a lot easier if you had fortunate map generation and got the bee queen biome to generate close to the dragonfly desert. I've certainly used the Bee Queen to get rid of other giants before, most notably the Deerclops, but those don't have a specific lair the way Dragonfly does.

6 hours ago, Charesque said:

then D-fly will reset her targeting and slap you for hoping to get easy loot.

just use a bushhat/ just die

anyways, it seems that it's impossible for beequeen to aggro onto dragonfly, meaning that they won't fight eachother

Get DF-chan enraged and do its ground-bottom-slam fiery attack while BQ-sama is in her range.

Simple, right?

The fact you need to first have both their spawns very close to one-another so they won't de-spawn (yes, tele-locating them achieves nothing), fight both somehow at the same time and probably have them lose aggro on each other anyway at some point are minor details :applause:

You can bring dragonfly over to the beequeen regardless of how far away their map spawners are. Sounds confusing, but whenever you freeze or sleep the dragonfly, the place where she froze/slept becomes the center of her despawner range.

Here's a video showing what that means: 

I thought about the original question before, and I think it's too hard to pull off or maybe even not possible. Dragonfly loses aggro easily because she knows you're nearby, and the only way to pit them against each other is attract aggro via the fiery butt slam.

Archived