Certainly it will be something different.

Check out this post above as well!

What if the next character is a walrus and an accomplished hunter, who maintains a rivalry / competition with other hunting walruses?

And your goal is to find a mysterious creature that has never been seen in the constant until then, Charlie! Lol!

And he or she could make special items with the falls of the creatures that can be hunted, like the Varg, Ewcus, Koalefant and the new mysterious creatures. (They could be more of a legendary creature that only a walrus would know how to hunt).

And those recipes would be in your bestiary! (Maybe, it's just a crafting tab or maybe it looks like the Gorge cookbook!).

Besides being able to create an Ice Boat, maybe an igloo?

A walrushat. (Now we can put skins on it!).

And hunting items more advanced than the rabbit trap? Bird trap? Tooth Trap? Something for fishing or darts !.

Please comment!

3 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I agree. Love the concept of a walrus character

Thanxs, thanxs, thanxs, thanxs, thanxs!!!!!!!

"Wallace comes equipped with his own personal blow darts that have a unique mechanic, making them more available in early game for him. Rather than crafting the darts individually, Wallace can craft the blowpipe as well as a dart ammo belt worn over his shoulder (body item slot). The pipe adds different effects to the darts while the ammo is entirely reliant on the belt. Both have durability based on percentages.

He is not good at melee combat at all and very much prefers to stay out of the fray. Any mob with aggro on him has a negative sanity aura when up close (stacks with existing auras). On top of this, Wallace has a .5x damage modifier with melee weapons.

Ammo Belt- 5 stingers, 5 twigs, 2 rope

Blow Pipe - 2 papyrus, 2 grass (does 35 damage)

Fire Pipe - 2 papyrus, 2 grass, 1 red feather (does fire damage)

Ice Pipe - 2 papyrus, 2 grass, 1 azure feather (freeze enemies)

Nightmare Pipe - 2 papyrus, 2 grass, 2 nightmare fuel (deals 35 damage, slows target)".

About your idea.

I think the blowing tubes, fire tubes, etc. They should be made with gold too, and could be attached to the game's existing darts, giving them more uses.

Maybe combined effects?

6 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I can vouch for this one. Sounds like a reasonable update to me, and the game would only benefit from this. I'm totally un-biased by the way. 

"- I would personally remove the chester requirement as it takes advantage of one singular entity that is not always available early on, and can prove to be a downside in itself if you need to lug him around everywhere on top of keeping him alive".

@Owlrus98 , I agree with you regarding the chester.

@Dr. Safety

About being nomade, I don't think something should compel you to be, just give the players that possibility and certainly they will.

The igloo and the Ice Boat could be a big step towards that, and in seasons other than winter, these structures would be unstable. And the Ice Flingomatic could keep it cool.

Cookie cutters couldn't break the Ice Boat in the winter.

The only problem with this that I can see is that Walrus are only in the game for a limited season, which is probably why we don’t already have a playable Walrus character.

Wurt on the other Hand is based on Merms, which are always able to be found in the game Regardless of Season. Same goes for Webber with Spiders, Wilba with Pigmen & Wilbur With Splumonkey.

If Another DLC Character that can live amongst NPC Mobs in their own little Civilization was to be added to the game it would only make sense to be based off

Rabbits, or Rock Lobsters.

Both of which are always in the game at all times regardless of Weather Season.

In General a LIKE the Idea Of a Walrus Playable Character- BUT they would have to add an Iced Over Island to the game where they always exist no matter what Weather season it is I think.

I also would love to see Mumsy as a playable character who can befriend Volt Goat.. but I mean well uhh yeah.

F9549452-946F-456E-A050-4BC0EA7B7877.png

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

The only problem with this that I can see is that Walrus are only in the game for a limited season, which is probably why we don’t already have a playable Walrus character.

Wurt on the other Hand is based on Merms, which are always able to be found in the game Regardless of Season. Same goes for Webber with Spiders, Wilba with Pigmen & Wilbur With Splumonkey.

If Another DLC Character that can live amongst NPC Mobs in their own little Civilization was to be added to the game it would only make sense to be based off

Rabbits, or Rock Lobsters.

Both of which are always in the game at all times regardless of Weather Season.

In General a LIKE the Idea Of a Walrus Playable Character- BUT they would have to add an Iced Over Island to the game where they always exist no matter what Weather season it is I think.

I had thought of a walrus village but I didn't know how to do that, and the other walruses are deadly competitors in the search for valuable creatures.

(A good reason for them to remain aggressive towards you).

And so the Igloo or the Ice Boat would be more efficient in the winter.

How about his disadvantage is having to maintain a low body temperature?

"Hey Doc, do you like my idea that's your idea?"

"Ofc, my lil dupe, I like your idea that's my idea. Let's shake and drink on it!"

If we're talking about last remaining monster-type new character to be implemented (not a re-freshed/reworked one from main cast), probably that one will have something to do with "Moon", Lunacy mechanic, Lunar Isles, plant-animal hybrid stuff etc. Some Walrus one is pure randomness and we already have a character linked to hunting, aka Wigfrid. But hey, never say never, right?! :abnormal:

6 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"Ofc, my lil dupe, I like your idea that's my idea. Let's shake and drink on it!"

If we're talking about last remaining monster-type new character to be implemented (not a re-freshed/reworked one from main cast), probably that one will have something to do with "Moon", Lunacy mechanic, Lunar Isles, plant-animal hybrid stuff etc. Some Walrus one is pure randomness and we already have a character linked to hunting, aka Wigfrid. But hey, never say never, right?! :abnormal:

Wormwood was the Lunar Island Character though.. I think? lol the only real animal on Lunar Isles are Carrats, Shattered Spiders and Saladmander.

Shattered Spider sounds more like a Webber Skin then it does I Brand new character though.

Before this last new character is touched upon I believe more reworked classic ones should line up. And, as you point, after more new content for Lunar Islands, Ocean and perhaps more extra isles too with particular biomes, etc. This last character should not be a priority in my book, maybe leave it last after everything is "flashed out", including Wilson and Wes' reworks so as it might be a culmination, a quintessence of "Return of Them" as a whole.

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

The topic name is, "Certainly it will be something different", because in reality I don't expect KLEI to implement the things I propose.
Many of you freak out when you read some ideas, as if KLEI was not able to ponder everything that is posted on the forum.

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

People can think of similar things, in fact, I just added a comment below because his post was archived. Not that I owe you any satisfaction.

5 hours ago, Wesbie said:

About your idea.

I think the blowing tubes, fire tubes, etc. They should be made with gold too, and could be attached to the game's existing darts, giving them more uses.

Maybe combined effects?

About being nomade, I don't think something should compel you to be, just give the players that possibility and certainly they will.

"- I would personally remove the chester requirement as it takes advantage of one singular entity that is not always available early on, and can prove to be a downside in itself if you need to lug him around everywhere on top of keeping him alive".

@Owlrus98 , I agree with you regarding the chester.

Thank you, for commenting. :)

Archived