Water containment issue

Is this a bug? Or working as intended?

image.thumb.png.debccdb4044fcae0f224457c182ed93a.png

I recently started playing again, trying to get over my reticence to mandatory bad traits. But water seems to squeeze out of this chamber with no openings. I will post a screenshot of the moment before, but apparently water just appears on the top and starts spilling out. No holes are being made, it's oozing through the wall as best as I can tell. I do cheat the corner builds into the water tank, fyi.

image.png.61d914ed9f9f53da6966c062504f12b7.png

image.png.f37d3d5ebb7884066a6295996607b799.png

image.thumb.png.6d9f9c257639efb2dcc707137bbf1e34.png

image.thumb.png.7f8246f06891882ecf4f511e40caf433.png

I´m not 100% sure, but the second dark natural tile from the right seems to be cracking because of pressure. By building your pool walls, you compressed the water because the availlable room got smaller. Tiles have different pressure-resistance, and this one seems to become permable and will break eventually, if the pressure is upholding. 

This is intended behavior.  You compressed the water, so now it is pressurized.  The water you are seeing is a warning, and I think I also see cracks in the fertilizer tile on the top of the reservoir.  Given enough time, it will break through one of the tiles and possibly cause a minor flood.

On an unrelated note, did you intend to disable your printing pod?  Usually people want more than 3 dupes at the start of the game.

15 hours ago, Zarquan said:

On an unrelated note, did you intend to disable your printing pod?  Usually people want more than 3 dupes at the start of the game.

I am fully aware, yes. I don't need it. And in thinking about it, I have never played a game with more than 3 dupes. :) weird.

Thanks for the replies. I realize the pressure builds, as tiles are added. It just seemed to me that the threshold was very low. The water tiles are only at 1k. And the air bubble barely gets squished. IMHO, it seems the pressure threshold is too low, or it is simply a property of fertilizer. I also see the cracks appear to get more prominent. I just have a feeling that the mechanic for this may need a check, or some further testing. I only ran across the issue trying to avoid the allergic reaction trait.

Also in considering this, at the top the gasses would be forced out, first(more likely) than fluid being pushed out first. And a flag that indicates the tile is failing(overpressure) would be nice.

In the end I wrestled with my OCD and went further around the water chamber, to avoid the problem.

image.thumb.png.3fe2c9b0d36b8799e99a9a126c1f9b51.png

I really miss my waterfall. RIP luxury cosmos

Archived