How do I force dedicated server to auto-update?

This is basicaly a continuation of Starting a server on friend's physical server thread, but I figured making another one with more specific question would attract more attention.

So here's the issue. I have a dedicated server on a physical server. I don't really have access to it outside of in-game console and the physical server is in friend's place. This means that I have to constantly pester my friend whenever server updates or stops showing up in server browser.

We tried the typical script lines to force the auto-update but they don't work. They were used separately:

c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\Servers\DST\ +app_update 343050 validate +quit

Of course, the directories are different since the server doesn't have a Documents folder.

Any idea on what we could do to force the server to auto-update?

If you have a watchdog script running to ensure the server restarts after crashing, then that could work for your startup parameters.

As it stands there's nothing really for automagically updating the bins from steamcmd without using external utilities to manage it.

Watchdog is there, although the server never really crashed, so I can't say if it's working.

Also what do you mean that there isn't a way for Steamcmd to update without external utilities? Does that mean that every admin needs to manualy update their servers? I am confused. :(

I am also running mods on this server. Is it possible that one of them could prevent the server from updating?
Dedicated_server_mods_setup:

--#Scythes
ServerModSetup("537902048")
--#Global_Pause
ServerModSetup("758532836")
--#No_Container_Blocking
ServerModSetup("1573330993")
--#Show_Me_Origin
ServerModSetup("666155465")
--#API_Gem_Core
ServerModSetup("1378549454")
--#Less_Hungry_Critters