Some questions about rat race tracks

I'd like to build a larger rat race track, but since it'll be quite time and resource-consuming, I'd like to clarify a few things to avoid unnecessary mistakes.

First, can multiple race tracks in the same world exist? (I think why not, but better be sure) And if so, can they cross each other, or can they conflict somehow?

Second, how does the game know the order of the checkpoints? Do I have to place them in the order they build the track? Or is the next one always the closes one?

Any help is much appreciated :) 

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

First, can multiple race tracks in the same world exist? (I think why not, but better be sure) And if so, can they cross each other, or can they conflict somehow?

The amount of race tracks is unlimited (as long as you have enough space).

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Second, how does the game know the order of the checkpoints? Do I have to place them in the order they build the track? Or is the next one always the closes one?

The first checkpoint is the closest checkpoint to the starting point, then it keeps taking the closest checkpoint which isn't glowing yet till there are no more checkpoints available anymore, then it will head to the finish line. Placing your finish line next to the starting point will still make the carrats move for the next checkpoint, and it appears like the Finish Line doesn't count to the total length of the track (you won't get more Lucky Gold Nuggets by placing the Finish next to the start and making a long line of checkpoints).

Yeah, keep the nodes (start/checkpoint/end) away from each other.

Maximum reward happens when the sum total distance between all of the nodes exceeds 162 units, so you'll need about 8 checkpoints to make it that long.

I wouldn't advise having crossed checkpoints as the carrats may see the one from the other track and go for it instead.  Test on a local world first to see behaviours.

Archived