Entombed Machines

First of all i want to know if its possible to avoid those machines to get entombed, and if its possible how?

Ive built an watercooling area with an aqua tuner and its useless if theres always dirt spawning out of nowhere

https://gyazo.com/6435dd2848d86212de5a9566407f1b6d

its out of a tutorial and the aquatuner should heat up the steam to 125° so the steam generator gets powered and then it will power it self as a circle once if its at 125°, and thats why i cant just send someone in there to deconstruct because all the steam would just disappear and i have to do everything again.
thats why i need a way to prevent it from getting entombed

If it is dirt tile, may be you left algae or fertilizer inside the steam room. Once algae/fertilizer gets to around 130C they turn into dirt and form a tile if they had enough mass. Just sweep before closing rooms.

Some suggestions that come in mind: that much crude oil is not necessary, you can run the steam room entirely on steam, or leave a little bit of petroleum/crude and have the steam turbine unload drop water at the bottom, "inside" the petroleum. This prevents a bug from destroying a LOT of heat and thus power. Tempshift plates are pretty good at conducting heat even when made of a material that is not really conductive. This means that if you place an insulated tile inside their aura (9 tiles square) the tile is basically no more insulated. Finally, small transformers cannot power aquatuners, you need the large version, in case you didn't know.
You should watch some youtube tutorials on steam turbines, I suggest Francis John, he is great at explaining stuff and getting to the point while still being entertaing.

EDIT: this is not the first time i miss the "f" in tempshift and have the word censured. It will get me banned eventually I guess. Sorry!

Umm... don't leave food in there and it won't get cooked into dirt.  You can also use a liquid lock to get in without letting the steam out.

2 minutes ago, suxkar said:

Finally, small transformers cannot power aquatuners, you need the large version, in case you didn't know.

Or you can use two smalls.

42 minutes ago, maxlll_ said:

okay tyvm for the answeres. didnt know that algae transforms into dirt at 130°, and im not an expert on the game thats why i dont know much about power etc, but im having fun :D

if you mouse over items, you should get a toolbox with plenty of info about the item.  Including their melting/boiling/freezing temp and what they turn into

Archived