Geographic climate differences

Was thinking it would be kind of cool if there were different kinds of climates in the game, I.e. adding a new arctic biome far north (must sail there by boat) being more cold in general with icebergs around the island and more likely to generate walrus camps and pengulls, winter being more brutal too with frequent blizzards etc but maybe adding more aggressive winter-only mobs and (maybe the deerclops’s family lol) with rare drops/new OP weapons to make it more rewarding for anyone that attempt to survive there (it has to be difficult), and also making dragonfly deserts hotter than other biomes, and similarly adding more summer-specific mobs that can drop very rare/rewarding items but with the added difficulty of summer being hotter than usual and frequent fires everywhere.

I feel like the last few updates have really not affected the meta gameplay and I hardly ever feel interested in sailing to the lunar island since it just slows down essential base prep with the only real reward being the glass sword, nor am I interested in fishing when I can just get MM and cactus to make endless pierogi, but if there were some new items in the winter biome (icebox backpack with limited durability? Enchanted frosty sword? Ice staff with durability that lets you freeze water as you step on it?) that could help me out in the summer or summer items similar to obsidian items in shipwrecked which can heat up as they are used, that could really change a lot of gameplay without making it too easy, and less experienced players can still continue in the unchanged biomes without problems.

title of the new update can be “a reign of ice and fire” lol

First of All, Hello & Welcome to the Forums please enjoy your time here.

Secondly, I have already suggested something incredibly similar to this in the past: You can find it Here:

Probably our best way to get something like this seen and actually considered by the Dev Team is to have an Idea liked enough by the people who are playing & enjoying the game. So please do like & Reply here if you actually enjoy this Suggestion.  

Thanks so Much :) 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:41 AM, Wesbie said:

Everyone also complains that bones are not renewable, they say that because they never killed horned deer.

I believe hammering rotten fish also gives you bones, to me this is even more efficient than the no-eyed-deer. If you are playing warly, this is an incredible way to stock up bone shards (which never spoil) for his bone boullion recipe. In fact, he gets enough he could probably feed considerably more than himself at that point the onion is the only thing you gotta worry about when mass producing it.

Archived