Wolframite in volcanic biome

I’m currently playing a save with very limited wolframite and no space destinations offering it. While this material should be difficult to get, a (low) hard cap is disappointing. 

one thought: put some veins of wolframite in the volcanic biome at the bottom of the map. This would encourage penetration if the most extreme biome on the map while also putting a solid challenge to players who wanted to access the additional material. 

There lack of materials is one of the challenges of the different asteroids.

Most starmaps have a glimmering planet for renewable wolframite/tungsten. Most starmaps also have planets with aluminum.

Just interested, what are you building that you need multiple 1025c overheat aquatuners?

Most maps doesn’t help me on my map... and by the time I see a star map I’m invested enough I don’t want to start over. 

re: thermium uses. Being able to make your auto-miners out of it is a huge convenience. Biggest thing though would have been a massive heat exchanger for a 40kg/s regolith melter- instead I’m having to farm the carbon asteroids for diamond, which is less than half as good and will hugely increase the size of the heat exchanger I need to build 

if I wasn’t doing the regolith melter I could use the thermium aquatuners for the 50kg/s petrol boiler my 15 oil wells will demand :)

Archived