Drywalls and Tempshift Plate Replaceable

I was wondering if there is not way to make a simple mod that would allow you to replace the Drywall and Tempshift Plates based on the material, just like you do with cables or pipes. For sample, I cover a room with drywall made of sandstone, but later I want to swap these sandstone drywalls with ceramic drywalls. In the current state, I need to destroy each block, one by one, before I can build the new drywall, and the same goes for the Tempshift Plates. The process in painfully slow, and even worse if your room has a background exposed to space, which make the swapping process almost impossible. Pipes and cables of the same type can be swapped if the material is different, you just have to select it and build over them. There is no way the same could be archived with mod?

On 20/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, SharraShimada said:

In theory it should be easy. The code is already there from other buildings like normal tiles with insulated tiles. One could take this code and apply it to drywalls. But thats only the theory. In fact this could lead to a whole bunch of problems. Someone would need to test this.

I tried applying the same code from other buildings, but for some reason, they don't seems to work with walls.

Archived