Game crash in entering Cave level 2

I would like to report that this is happening to me as well.  As soon as I entered cave level 2 and my character landed on the ground from the rope, the screen froze and I got audio noises that sounded like I was continuously picking up an multiple objects and multiple recipes were being unlocked. That audio sequence continued but got slower and slower and finally I got a pop-up window saying that Don't Starve appeared to be hung and would  I  like to kill it or wait.

I  tried restarting my device but it appears that my save game was destroyed because whenever I tried to load it up it  would go right to that spot and then repeat the error...over and over...

Don't starve Pocket version 1.14.2

ANDROID

• Android Device : Galaxy Tab S4
  • Model Number : SM-T830
  • Android OS Version Number : 9
  • Device Manufacturer : Samsung

Same thing with me. Huawei GR3. 

I never had this problem before whatever update caused this. now one of my worlds cant be played. As I load the save, character falls down the rope then theres a noise that sounds like thousands of items getting picked up at the same time, and then the game freezes with weirds sounds.

Klei... just roll it back.  Your recent updates have caused a lot of trouble. 

Samsung Galaxy S10e

I found a solution, but it will only get you out of the level 2 Caves and back up to level 1. Go to settings and turn HD off, disable Screen Shake and reload game. Now here's the fun part. Don't touch anything until you see the word "Rope" appear on the rope then press the action key once to grab it and exit. Wait for the screen to turn black and don't touch anything. Now patiently wait for the game to go back to Cave Depth level 1 and that's it. For me, this whole process took less than 5min, but it could take longer. Klei should fix this issue immediately though. 

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the reports and device/specs information. We have informed our mobile porting developer partner about this, and they are currently investigating your reported issue further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

20 hours ago, JanH said:

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the reports and device/specs information. We have informed our mobile porting developer partner about this, and they are currently investigating your reported issue further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the response

Device: Moto G5 Plus

On 24/01/2020 at 7:43 AM, Jawara said:

Samsung Galaxy S10e

I found a solution, but it will only get you out of the level 2 Caves and back up to level 1. Go to settings and turn HD off, disable Screen Shake and reload game. Now here's the fun part. Don't touch anything until you see the word "Rope" appear on the rope then press the action key once to grab it and exit. Wait for the screen to turn black and don't touch anything. Now patiently wait for the game to go back to Cave Depth level 1 and that's it. For me, this whole process took less than 5min, but it could take longer. Klei should fix this issue immediately though. 

Word never appears, it freezes before :'(

Btw, Samsung Galaxy A30

I have been able to get by this bug, I was gutted and have only just started discovering the goodies that can be found in the cave on Don't Starve. I descended into the cave and instantly stumbled across the deeper hole, broke it and jumped in. The game bugged out. I loaded the game several times and tried a load of different things, eventually I managed to get control of my character again on cave level 2. 

Im playing don't starve on my galaxy s10, What I did was I waited until the error report popped up, giving me the option to report the error, wait or close application, I then clicked my home button, then went to the recent page and selected the game again from there, waited again and then the game brought up the in game options, Saved and quited then reloaded the game, which then allowed me to continue and climb back up the rope. 

Hope this helps all.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Android 9.

For me, above solutions never worked.

When entering the ruins(cave level 2) for the first time in the world, game will freeze after uncontrollable few second(because of rope animation) with slow tuned prototype effect sounds.

my solution was: save & quit before the game freezes. then you can re-enter the world from main menu without resetting game, you are in ruins and it's all green now. you can exit and enter ruins whenever you want without game freezing. but after playing other worlds and came back to ruins world, game freezed again when entering ruins and I had to retry save & quit method to prevent game freeze.

I know this is an old thread but I had this problem yesterday and I managed to fix it. You have to be extremely fast. You need to click the pause button, save game, yes save and quit. This needs to happen so fast so the game doesn't crash. Remember all the positions of the buttons from another save file is my recommendation. If you manage to save you will be able to load up your save file with everything working.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:04 PM, Becca00 said:

I know this is an old thread but I had this problem yesterday and I managed to fix it. You have to be extremely fast. You need to click the pause button, save game, yes save and quit. This needs to happen so fast so the game doesn't crash. Remember all the positions of the buttons from another save file is my recommendation. If you manage to save you will be able to load up your save file with everything working.

Thx you so much xD, i was very sad when it happened to me because it was my perfect run ever and now you just save me, i dont know what to say xD

This bug happened to me while i was playing the game on my old Moto G4 XT1626. After some time, i had an idea, wich consists in tapping the pause button as soon you enter the ruins(caves level 2). When the options screen pops up, tap on "Exit" and exit the world, then reenter the world and the game should work normally. At least for me this works.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:04 AM, Becca00 said:

I'd like to confirm that this works for me.  I finally got brave enough to start a new world (Wilson) and try to see what happens when I go down to Cave Level 2.  As soon as the level creation screen finished and I saw level 2, I IMMEDIATELY clicked the pause button and saved my game and quit out of the program as fast as I could.  I even force-quit the app for good measure.

When I went back in, I loaded my save game and it worked!  I was able to explore cave level 2.  Then I went back to my main game and tried it there.  I wasn't quite fast enough and the laggy sound effects started up but I was still able to save and quit and restart the game and get a working cave level 2.

So, it seems that this occurs the FIRST time you enter cave level 2.  After the first entry, I was able to exit and re-enter that level as many times as I liked without issue.  When I went into a new sinkhole and opened up the entryway to cave level 2 there, I had to repeat the fast pause/save/quit workaround again but then I was able to go in and out of that level 2 as many times as I liked without issue.

Archived