NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Klaus Cap)

Hello @Brad Armstrong, welcome to the forums.

Have you linked your Twitch Account to your Klei User Account that is tied to the Platform you are playing DST from?

You must watch twitch streams that are tagged with "!drops" to be able to receive them BUT you must also make sure the twitch account is linked FIRST before the watch time can accumulate and account for the items to be given.

Below is how to link your twitch account.

Spoiler

Simply head on over to https://accounts.klei.com - and link your twitch account.

image.png.dae81347554324d8ba0f36d6c85976

After that just watch a streamer who has also linked their account and get those drops!

In this campaign we are offering 3 items. You can only receive one of each and once you have them all, you cannot get more until the next round of items. 

On 12.12.2019 at 4:42 AM, JoeW said:

twitchitem_beefalo_klaus.png

Hey Everybody. 

To celebrate Winter's Feast we will be dropping the new Klaus Cap on Twitch.tv starting Dec 12th! (around 11am Pacific time)

The Klaus Cap Icon (30 Minutes)

profileflair_beefalohat_klaus.png

The Klaus Cap Portrait (2 Hours)

playerportrait_bg_beefalohatklaus.png

The Klaus Cap (6 Hours)

beefalohat_klaus.png

If you haven't set up your account for twitch drops yet, check out the spoiler below:

Reveal hidden contents

Simply head on over to https://accounts.klei.com - and link your twitch account.

image.png.dae81347554324d8ba0f36d6c85976

After that just watch a streamer who has also linked their account and get those drops!

In this campaign we are offering 3 items. You can only receive one of each and once you have them all, you cannot get more until the next round of items. 

Hello @TheCuteLilPsych, welcome to the forums. You can watch any live twitch streams playing either Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together that have the "!drops" in their stream title. If you've properly configured your twitch account to connect to the klei user id, then the first item should be gifted to you after watching for 30mins.

@sirlemon, the last screenshot you shared has the suggested procedure to correct the issue. Have you tried that yet?

@EnQuizy can you confirm you watched steams with the same twitch account that is tied to your Klei User Account? Under User Info, it should specifiythe accounts you've linked.

12 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @TheCuteLilPsych, welcome to the forums. You can watch any live twitch streams playing either Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together that have the "!drops" in their stream title. If you've properly configured your twitch account to connect to the klei user id, then the first item should be gifted to you after watching for 30mins.

@sirlemon, the last screenshot you shared has the suggested procedure to correct the issue. Have you tried that yet?

@EnQuizy can you confirm you watched steams with the same twitch account that is tied to your Klei User Account? Under User Info, it should specifiythe accounts you've linked.

But what if I don’t remember what other account the drops are connected to? And if I lost my password and nickname? So I will never get drops again? If so then this is too sad.

@sirlemon 

Under User Info, is the Twitch Account linked to your Klei User account actually different from the Twitch Account that you've accumulated gifts from? And you have no way of accessing the twitch account that is linked?

I unfortunately cannot help with password retrieval and such since I'm only a forum moderator. 

As far as I know (just to clarify I'm only a moderator so don't quote me on this), if your Klei Account hasn't received the gifts yet and there's still time to receive the event gifts then you should technically be able to receive them as long as you watch the specified amount of time with the specific twitch account that is correctly linked to your Klei user account. Again, I'm only a forum moderator (so I could be entirely wrong about this). I'll have to look into more details.

BUT before any drastic measures, can you confirm the first question I asked "Under user info....".

BE WARNED THOUGH, NEVER DELETE YOUR KLEI USER ACCOUNT FOR WHAT EVER REASON... refer to: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881971-My-Twitch-Account-was-Hacked-Compromised-Deleted-and-I-can-t-unlink-it-from-my-Klei-Account

This Klei Support Article may also help: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037394452-Earned-Twitch-Drops-are-not-showing-up-in-Don-t-Starve-Together

5 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@FrosWolfwood, welcome to the forums.

Have you confirmed you are watching from the correct Twitch Account that is tied to the Klei User Account for the platform you play DST on?

https://accounts.klei.com/account/info

Under Linked account should specify the specific Twitch Account that is linked.

Yup! Changed the profile pic to a zombie just to make sure if it updated and matched and it did!

@FrosWolfwood these Streaming Drops would normally automatically appear for you when you first log in on DST AFTER you've received Twitch Notifications for gift drops, seen as (where # corresponds to drops received):

twitchdrp.png.14c7ed4b61e326c70e050472044e9d95.png

Can you confirm you've received these notifications after accumulating the specified watch times?

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

@FrosWolfwood these Streaming Drops would normally automatically appear for you when you first log in on DST AFTER you've received Twitch Notifications for gift drops, seen as (where # corresponds to drops received):

twitchdrp.png.14c7ed4b61e326c70e050472044e9d95.png

Can you confirm you've received these notifications after accumulating the specified watch times?

Been watching since last comment. Don't get the notifications

image.png

@FrosWolfwood afaik (disclaimer: I'm only a forum moderator), there shouldn't be any drastic consequences if you try and re-reconnect your twitch account to your Klei User account.

Basically, on Klei User page (since it's only the one registering the link):

• Remove twitch account
  • Relink twitch account again
  • Confirm Twitch Settings > Other Connections for "Connected X seconds ago" or something.

connect.thumb.png.45f1371ed61d9cc69807b343e8686f90.png

I connected mine last year, which is also as specified on my Klei User Account:

connect.png.6e9d55c558af90b9327cd5da8729e380.png

Archived