Steam Downloads out of date version of mod

I've been attempting to update the 'Buildable Natural Tile' mod by CoolAzura off the workshop and its giving me the version that uses the old(and, thus, utterly useless) version that uses the 'anims' folder setup as opposed to the new 'anim' setup. I've tried on numerous occasions to force it to update to the new setup but steam isn't having it! how do I fix this?

You dont fix this. Steam is in need of fixing this issue for years now.

The problem ist, steam cant determine what version is higher, when there´s no versioning.

Had this not long ago with another mod, and after the modder finaly set the version number to higher, the right version was downloadable. Prior to this, every version was v1.0 and thats what steam cant handle. Yes there may be always the upload-date, but we are talking about steam...

I think it's location dependent. Like Steam has a bunch of mirror-servers all around the world. It's just a small group of people and they always get the same wrong version no matter how often they reinstall. So, one possible way would be to use a proxy to get the files...

If you are the author, just put the files on Github and link it on the Steam page. Updating the mod is as simple as extracting a zip file into the right folder.

Archived