Touch screen option in addition to "touchpad" mode?

Greetings,
I have a tablet and have been playing this game from bed, it's been amazing!

I'd like to request a modification of the options. The UI overall works, it would be great if I could increase the font size, but it's not a big deal.
The only problem I faced is that with "touchpad" mode, the cards require a double click great.
However, this doesn't apply to all the other UI elements. This is incredibly annoying when trying to "mouse hover" conversation options, since they would be clicked immediately.

I recommendto add another option (or rename "confirm card selection"), called "touchscreen", so that it applies to all UI elements. This would make the game very playable through a touch screen!

Anyway thanks for the great game, I'm going to bed and will probably play until I fall asleep :p

touchscreen.jpg

• Developer

@Fire-Dragon-DoL Heya! There are indeed plans in the works to update the font size all over. There's also a plan to include touch screen support, likely using long-press for tooltips and quick tap for regular clicks. It'll probably take a few months before either of these are in the game, though.

I'm impressed that you can even play it on a tablet at all. Wow!

Anyone can on almost any android or IOS tablet!  This is how I play griftlands 99% of the time!  
and BTW Griftlands looks and works GREAT on the tablet!

How to play:  
*  Download the Steam Link App for Android
*  Go into steam and "Add a New Non-Steam Game"
*  Find the griftlands executable in the Epic Games Directory and add it.
*  Launch Steam Link and connect to your PC
*  Set the steam link UI to "touchpad mode"
*  Launch the Griftlands non-steam game from BIG PICTURE.
*  Enable the touchpad option in the griftlands directory
*  Enjoy playing griftlands on your phone or tablet from inside OR OUTSIDE your wifi network!  

This is an awesome way to play griftlands!  In fact this is how I have spread the word about the game, since people see me playing it in airports and hotel lobbies, and coffee shops and ask me "That game looks awesome what is it?".

2 hours ago, greggbert said:

Anyone can on almost any android or IOS tablet!  This is how I play griftlands 99% of the time!  
and BTW Griftlands looks and works GREAT on the tablet!

How to play:  
*  Download the Steam Link App for Android
*  Go into steam and "Add a New Non-Steam Game"
*  Find the griftlands executable in the Epic Games Directory and add it.
*  Launch Steam Link and connect to your PC
*  Set the steam link UI to "touchpad mode"
*  Launch the Griftlands non-steam game from BIG PICTURE.
*  Enable the touchpad option in the griftlands directory
*  Enjoy playing griftlands on your phone or tablet from inside OR OUTSIDE your wifi network!  

This is an awesome way to play griftlands!  In fact this is how I have spread the word about the game, since people see me playing it in airports and hotel lobbies, and coffee shops and ask me "That game looks awesome what is it?".

I used that initially, then I switched to Direct Mouse for a more "close-to-touch" experience.
Pretty cool, the only problem is when selecting 2 cards for discard, for whatever reason it "preselects" the card where the cursor is on, which is the last card you clicked basically, deselecting it.

Archived