1000+ day world gone.

Just yesterday I was playing on my own singleplayer DST world, enjoying some times in the cave as Willow. 

I hop on this morning for some early DST spelunking, and all my worlds are gone. I checked the Documents save location to see if the cluster files are still there but they're not there. Also, when I loaded up Steam, it did the "First Time Setup" installations as though it was my...well first time loading it up, even though it showed my current playtime in hours and last time I played which was yesterday, November 2nd.

I also made sure it was pulling from the same Steam library as yesterday which is on my SSD especially for games, and it is. Checked the recycle bin as well, but theres no cluster files there. 

Here's the log file listed in the Documents save location, but I don't think it will be any help as it is the log file from loading up the day my worlds are missing, which is today, November 3rd.

Starting over is an exciting prospect, but this is not how I wanted it to happen, with my worlds being randomly deleted.

client_log.txt

It seems it's a Steam issue. After the new update I got a new interface.

Dunno what OS you use. If you are using Windows: Documents/Klei/Donotstarvetogether. If your old Cluster folders are there, you're lucky.

Maybe you where playing/running Return of Them Beta. 

These are my advices. I hope you can find something.

Follow up on this, I found my old cluster files, but Im running into another issue. I started a new world, I'm in winter now but theres still no "Cluster 1" file for this world, which is in the first slot. I was planning on copying my main world and pasting it into a cluster spot for the new files, but it didn't recognize it and it still doesn't show a cluster file for the new world. So why is there apparently no file for this world which I've started?

49 minutes ago, Stapled_Grinz said:

Follow up on this, I found my old cluster files, but Im running into another issue. I started a new world, I'm in winter now but theres still no "Cluster 1" file for this world, which is in the first slot. I was planning on copying my main world and pasting it into a cluster spot for the new files, but it didn't recognize it and it still doesn't show a cluster file for the new world. So why is there apparently no file for this world which I've started?

You need to paste the whole old folder ( DoNotStarveTogether ) and replace the new one.

8 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Seems it's loading from another location? Maybe do a search on your HD for Cluster_1. Could, for example, be in the OneDrive folder - I know it happened for me at some point.

Alright, that was it. I checked the main OS drive where I installed my Windows 10 on my SSD, and I assumed it was loading from there. THat was the Klei folder that had the DST folder in it but no Cluster folders. I did as you said, searched for cluster one, and I found another Klei folder in a new user that I didn't create but was made when I installed Windows 10. 

I pasted in the old files, replaced the files sharing same name, but it still loads up with the new worlds...I was going to try to delete all Document/Klei folders under any users, but it doesnt let me do that or delete Document/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folders. Instead it gives me an interrupted action window that says "Error 0x8007112A: There is a mismatch between the tag specified in the request and the tag present in the reparse point", then the usual options of "Try Again", "Skip", or "Cancel".

Archived