Cannot build walls as tightly as before?

Please see this picture, does anyone notice the change? I don't know if it's just for me, but I'm surprised none (afaik) mentioned it:

unknown.png

Before, at the red plus (that I marked), I could build any kind of wall there. But how, some of you may ask? Well, simply drag your wall from the nearby "green" plus into the "red" plus and the wall will show "Build Wall" sign, and right-click (the wall still shows red, but you could put a wall there, interesting?). Any time the "Build Wall" text appears, we can build a wall there (not always successful if the position is too tight tho). I enjoyed this very much because it helped me build neat, beautiful projects. But not anymore...

Since the last updates (may be RoT), I cannot put a wall there, the "Build Wall" text does not appear :shock:. Anyone know how to fix this? If any devs read this, I hope they could explain the change. Thank you.

In old versions of the game, walls would place based off where the player clicked. This meant you could click on the far side of a wall placement grid and get away with it, even if the wall was less than 1 unit away from something after it was placed.

That behaviour was a bug, and has been fixed. Walls now correctly test if the location they'll be deployed at is clear, rather then where the player clicked. 

Here's the update link - https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112133-game-update-370332/
Specifically - "Building walls will now test the correct ground position"

Example based off your screenshot:

Spoiler

The white dot on the grass is roughly where the grass is. The White dot on the current version wall grid is where the wall now tests for having nothing in range. The white square on the old versions wall grid is where the player was able to click to force the wall to place.

walls..thumb.png.159e165c063a2cd5ea81b080cbd42482.png

14 hours ago, CossonWool said:

In old versions of the game, walls would place based off where the player clicked. This meant you could click on the far side of a wall placement grid and get away with it, even if the wall was less than 1 unit away from something after it was placed.

That behaviour was a bug, and has been fixed. Walls now correctly test if the location they'll be deployed at is clear, rather then where the player clicked. 

Here's the update link - https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112133-game-update-370332/
Specifically - "Building walls will now test the correct ground position"

Example based off your screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

The white dot on the grass is roughly where the grass is. The White dot on the current version wall grid is where the wall now tests for having nothing in range. The white square on the old versions wall grid is where the player was able to click to force the wall to place.

walls..thumb.png.159e165c063a2cd5ea81b080cbd42482.png

Oh thanks a lot! At least I know I haven't hallucinated things :p. Well I don't know why they fixed that, it's a beautiful and friendly bug imo. May be I should get used to it, or make a mod to revive the bug? I also want the walls to be placed more freely, not fixed in wall grid. Hmm...

In the old version you could build walls and fences on the ocean. I reported it as a bug, and so they changed it to what you see in the live version today. Walls definitely cannot be built as tight around other structures/objects as before. Placement of structures matters a lot more now. 

Archived