Jump to content

Can someone make a simple mod?


Recommended Posts

I guess, depending on your goals, you can always place the conveyor loader behind a door and close the door via the automation to prevent it from being loaded. It will require more space, but otherwise would work the same without any mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wd_ said:

I guess, depending on your goals, you can always place the conveyor loader behind a door and close the door via the automation to prevent it from being loaded. It will require more space, but otherwise would work the same without any mods.

That is what I normally do.

I'm guessing that you are making a ranch, to deliver eggs to one loader if the breeding room is full, or deliver to a different loader if the room is below population.

Below does this, when the room to the top left is below population, the mech door opens, allowing delivery to a loader, which sends the egg to the 1 tile wide room next door, otherwise, the eggs get delivered to another loader which drops the egg below it to be hatched into the ramming room.  I had to use a memory toggle to open & close the door.  When below pop, the toggle activates and is reset when the egg lands on the pressure plate.

If any eggs that weren't stone hatches, would be delivered to the right hand loader, which deposits the egg into a sealed pool of water, this could also be a steam chamber for easy omelette. 

This design wasn't too bad, however the reproduction rate was hyperbolic, every now and then, I'd have to allocate a kill party to cull a few hundred hatches from the ramming room

ranch.thumb.png.05ef32c65a286a8c47786497cc1f9200.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

The automation only stops it transferring items to the rail, it invariably gets filled regardless of the input automation signal.

What are you trying to do?

That's exactly why I need the mod to. To stop it being filled when disabled by circuit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Craigjw said:

That is what I normally do.

I'm guessing that you are making a ranch, to deliver eggs to one loader if the breeding room is full, or deliver to a different loader if the room is below population.

Below does this, when the room to the top left is below population, the mech door opens, allowing delivery to a loader, which sends the egg to the 1 tile wide room next door, otherwise, the eggs get delivered to another loader which drops the egg below it to be hatched into the ramming room.  I had to use a memory toggle to open & close the door.  When below pop, the toggle activates and is reset when the egg lands on the pressure plate.

If any eggs that weren't stone hatches, would be delivered to the right hand loader, which deposits the egg into a sealed pool of water, this could also be a steam chamber for easy omelette. 

This design wasn't too bad, however the reproduction rate was hyperbolic, every now and then, I'd have to allocate a kill party to cull a few hundred hatches from the ramming room

ranch.thumb.png.05ef32c65a286a8c47786497cc1f9200.png

Could you please explain it a little more detailed? And share the save game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

There is a better method for delivering baby hatches by using mesh doors to push them down, I haven't got an example of this though.

Not my current ranch, but here's one I used for a few months. 

Spoiler

5d73c0400f8c9_PezDispenser-DropDown-Automation.thumb.jpg.af22d0aa478ad54229912d49c29029d1.jpg5d73c0497a4c3_PezDispenser-DropDown-Overview.thumb.jpg.b9e83db6ac0e2c266f53f4cbd975c438.jpg

@gaucho_tche, sorry I forgot to post my current ranch last night. I'll try again tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

Not my current ranch, but here's one I used for a few months. 

  Reveal hidden contents

5d73c0400f8c9_PezDispenser-DropDown-Automation.thumb.jpg.af22d0aa478ad54229912d49c29029d1.jpg5d73c0497a4c3_PezDispenser-DropDown-Overview.thumb.jpg.b9e83db6ac0e2c266f53f4cbd975c438.jpg

@gaucho_tche, sorry I forgot to post my current ranch last night. I'll try again tonight. 

can you post it like now? I'm curious about it! :D

7 hours ago, Craigjw said:

That is what I normally do.

I'm guessing that you are making a ranch, to deliver eggs to one loader if the breeding room is full, or deliver to a different loader if the room is below population.

Below does this, when the room to the top left is below population, the mech door opens, allowing delivery to a loader, which sends the egg to the 1 tile wide room next door, otherwise, the eggs get delivered to another loader which drops the egg below it to be hatched into the ramming room.  I had to use a memory toggle to open & close the door.  When below pop, the toggle activates and is reset when the egg lands on the pressure plate.

If any eggs that weren't stone hatches, would be delivered to the right hand loader, which deposits the egg into a sealed pool of water, this could also be a steam chamber for easy omelette. 

This design wasn't too bad, however the reproduction rate was hyperbolic, every now and then, I'd have to allocate a kill party to cull a few hundred hatches from the ramming room

ranch.thumb.png.05ef32c65a286a8c47786497cc1f9200.png

I see your point, but the thing is that you are not using an incubator. When you have an incubator things get messy because you would need to disable the conveyor loader (and here I mean disable TO RECEIVE (LOAD)) (higher priority) as so the egg gets put in the incubator. That's why I need the mod for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you have 200+ stone hatches, is there really any need for an incubator?  The principle behind this farm works for any critter.

I currently have a fish farm, when it's time for an egg a memory toggle gets set, the egg gets delivered and drops onto and activates a weight plate, this resets a memory toggle, deactivating the conveyor shutoff, preventing further egg drops.  the egg gets delivered to an incubator, where it may or may not get lullabied.

Please note that if you don't have enough creature farmers to lullaby the incubator, the buff is not present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

When you have 200+ stone hatches, is there really any need for an incubator?  The principle behind this farm works for any critter.

I currently have a fish farm, when it's time for an egg a memory toggle gets set, the egg gets delivered and drops onto and activates a weight plate, this resets a memory toggle, deactivating the conveyor shutoff, preventing further egg drops.  the egg gets delivered to an incubator, where it may or may not get lullabied.

Please note that if you don't have enough creature farmers to lullaby the incubator, the buff is not present.

pufts are in much lower numbers, you have to keep the amount at 6, so yes, an incubator for fast growing is a must. the problem is that when you have an incubator and a conveyor loader both for the same egg type and you want only a single egg bring to the room. if a creature drops an egg into this room and the incubator is not filled then the egg will go instantly to the incubator, and that will raise the creatures/eggs number to 7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't change anything, as the incubator can be disabled unless the critter sensor tells me it wants more critters.  In which case, the egg gets sent to the loader, which is set at 1 priority below the incubator, ensure that when it's active, it gets the egg instead of the loader.  ie, incubator 7, loader 6

Here's the save I promised, you'll find it in there centre of the base, if you can work out where all the conveyor tracks lead to, I'll give you a gold star.  The hatchery has been running for about 2000 cycles and has recently been culled significantly.**** Utopia.sav

I'll give you two gold stars if you can work out how the liquid O2 and H2 production works, it's very complex and is accurate to +/- 1c.  The base will probably explode if you let it run, as water sieves no longer delete heat, which this base relies on.  There are a lot of experiments and ideas I made, some worked, some didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

It doesn't change anything, as the incubator can be disabled unless the critter sensor tells me it wants more critters.  In which case, the egg gets sent to the loader, which is set at 1 priority below the incubator, ensure that when it's active, it gets the egg instead of the loader.

Here's the save I promised, you'll find it in there centre of the base, if you can work out where all the conveyor tracks lead to, I'll give you a gold star.  The hatchery has been running for about 2000 cycles and has recently been culled significantly.**** Utopia.sav

I'll give you two gold stars if you can work out how the liquid O2 and H2 production works, it's very complex and is accurate to +/- 1c.  The base will probably explode if you let it run, as water sieves no longer delete heat, which this base relies on.  There are a lot of experiments and ideas I made, some worked, some didn't.

I'm telling you it doesn't work, I've tried multiple ways. When the incubator is circuit disabled it doesn't stops receiving eggs, it just stops heating them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had not realised that.  Why don't you have a loader, set to a higher priority than the incubator, hidden behind a mech door.  when you don't need incubation, open the door, eggs get delivered to this loader instead of the incubator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...