More and Better Smart Storage

I'd love to see the Smart Storage Bin and the Refrigerator updated with high/low threshold settings a la the Smart Battery for the auto output instead of the single full/not full setting they have now. It'd make it easier to implement various automation schemes.

On a similar note, I'd also like Smart variations of the liquid and gas reservoirs with the same threshold settings.

Finally, I think a lower power requirement would be in order for the smart bin (and any potential reservoirs). 60W constant draw seems high for a simple sensor - in fact, unless I'm mistaken this is the only sensor in the game with any power requirement. Drop it to 10W or eliminate it, IMO. The smart bin is already more costly than a regular bin since it takes refined metal to build.

I would message this guy.  I love my new smart reservoir and would love to have what you requested!  Works just like a smart battery.

https://github.com/Ktoblin/SmartReservoir

@Ktoblin Are you out there? :)  How hard would it be to make smart storage bins and refrigerators use the high/low thresholds like the smart batteries as well?  Thank you again for the new reservoirs!

20 hours ago, CipherLoco said:

I would message this guy.  I love my new smart reservoir and would love to have what you requested!  Works just like a smart battery.

https://github.com/Ktoblin/SmartReservoir

@Ktoblin Are you out there? :)  How hard would it be to make smart storage bins and refrigerators use the high/low thresholds like the smart batteries as well?  Thank you again for the new reservoirs!

:ghost:

I'm not sure. I'm novice both C# and mods (start use and create mods 2 weeks ago). I will try but as I said novice can't predict exactly. May be 2 days or may be week. Or may be advanced developers make it faster. ;)

10 hours ago, Ktoblin said:

:ghost:

I'm not sure. I'm novice both C# and mods (start use and create mods 2 weeks ago). I will try but as I said novice can't predict exactly. May be 2 days or may be week. Or may be advanced developers make it faster. ;)

No worries mate!  I thought this was right up your alley considering it was the same functionality request.  I would love to get into modding, I use to be a VB and COBOL programmer ages ago, I just have no idea where to start with how to "mod"  Where did you start?

21 minutes ago, CipherLoco said:

No worries mate!  I thought this was right up your alley considering it was the same functionality request.  I would love to get into modding, I use to be a VB and COBOL programmer ages ago, I just have no idea where to start with how to "mod"  Where did you start?

This is first what I see.

Also I see a code other mod devs.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ktoblin said:

I think i did it. ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1900617368

Modified Smart Storage Bin and Refrigerator with logic that works same as Smartbattery logic. Also consumption energy down to 20W for Modified Smart Storage Bin and down to 60W for Modified Refrigerator.

Use carefully.

You're amazing :)  Sorry I didn't see this post until now...  Funny thing is I saw your amazing new conveyor sensors mod, and decided to check this post, and low and behold... you did it!  lol  I missed it because it says modified storage on steam, and to be honest, that doesn't do this justice.  To me, modified storage is just a simple increase in capacity or something.  What you did, is game changing in what you can do with refrigerators and smart bins.  You actually made them smart!

Only want to make lime when you can make 50 of them?  you got it! 

Want to cook in batches and not have to micro manage it?  You got it!  

Brilliant, thank you so much for this!

On 10/27/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ktoblin said:

I think i did it. ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1900617368

Modified Smart Storage Bin and Refrigerator with logic that works same as Smartbattery logic. Also consumption energy down to 20W for Modified Smart Storage Bin and down to 60W for Modified Refrigerator.

Use carefully.

Hey, I think your mod no longer works for the current release(Recreation update). I tried a fresh install of ONI inside a sandbox and only enabled this mod, the fridge still uses 120W and no high/low threshold settings. Do you think you will look into this?

On 18.01.2020 at 3:32 AM, Forerunner said:

Hey, I think your mod no longer works for the current release(Recreation update). I tried a fresh install of ONI inside a sandbox and only enabled this mod, the fridge still uses 120W and no high/low threshold settings. Do you think you will look into this?

I didn't change Smart Storage Bin and Refrigerator. I just add 2 new items: Modified Smart Storage Bin and Modified Refrigerator. They are at the bottom in build menu.

Archived