we dont need upvote and downvote reactions

metallichydra

some of the subforms here in the Klei forums is suggestions and feedback, and here people suggest stuff. however, the only way we can tell if we like the idea, is to use the "like" reaction.

with these, we could react with:

thumbsupanddown.thumb.jpg.47b09a690fe1840f354ca58b15598220.jpg

so people could see how many like the idea, and how many doesn't.

okay, its a terrible idea. if there where downvote on this forum, this post would have a lot of downvotes.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:28 AM, metallichydra said:

some of the subforms here in the Klei forums is suggestions and feedback, and here people suggest stuff. however, the only way we can tell if we like the idea, is to use the "like" reaction.

thumbsupanddown.thumb.jpg.47b09a690fe1840f354ca58b15598220.jpg

Confused replaces downvote. What we really need is a "Wow" reaction

On 10/8/2019 at 4:28 AM, metallichydra said:

This has been debated quite a few times. The forums even had downvotes at one point. But encouraging negative feedback on just about any post can get a little... well. It was removed as the mere presence of the "dislike" reminded everyone how human they really were, and what once started as a way to say you simply disagreed with an idea became the tinder to start flame wars with small, petty jabs leading the charge.

And as @Xenologist said, "Confused" acts as a disagreement anyway. Confused is the only one of the bunch that doesn't add to community reputation, whereas all the others (Including Sad because everyone meme'd with it) do. Not that community rep actually matters too much, but it still stands as a pleasant number. That being said, while not many people care about the number's gradual rise, people usually do care about a sudden decrease. Dislikes actively take from a member's community reputation, which adds a layer of defensiveness to someone's reaction, which is yet another way dislikes can cause something to spiral out of control. As much as I'd love to say everyone on here is adult enough to not make this kind of childish reaction, I can't, as Klei is in fact a game company, and quite a good chunk of people that come on here (even briefly) are children.

All in all, even in it's intended use (disagreeing with someone) a small tongue-in-cheek response is almost immediately ignored. That's why everything I happen to firmly disagree with I will usually take the time to write out my response about why I disagree with it. Even then, usually quite a few people that suggest something also have the thread come along with a poll that asks if you're in support of their idea or not. That gives the same statistic a like/dislike ratio would. I just wish Klei would ask for specific community feedback on matters themselves.

Archived