Different Glossy Drecko Farm Plastic Generation [Melodist]

Greetings, I'm sure you guys have seen many regular glossy farms. So I'll get straight to the point.

--[1]--What's the difference?

Glossy Drecko's scale regrowth rate only parameter is whether the Drecko is within a Hydrogen tile or not. Glum, Overcrowded, Cramped, Starving is irrelevant.

As you can see below, this Drecko will live to 37 age about, yielding at least 11-12x shears before dying and giving the colony meat.

5d9c443022330_1ScaleRegrowth.thumb.png.64c72e5c92d0a4f2abb06a2d62141e63.png

That's all there is to it. There will be many more optimal design, more purposeful design than you see here, this is just the foundation of the "exploit".

I've searched Glossy Drecko designs, and they all seem to be limited around "how many Drecko can fit into this area".2.thumb.png.e66e2683fbe1c9a0ee583ac7dbf5f83f.png

Now knowing parameter of scale grow, that limit no longer exist until they patch.

--[2]--Current Game Mechanics, *shrug*

Glum actually works in our favor, as it allows the critter to only drain 400kcal daily instead of 2000k, allowing the critter 45 days here on this asteroid. -80% metabolism is approved!

1Calories.thumb.png.d5bbf51fb7088eb597a18facd217bd37.png

--[3]-- Simple Design = Death Cage receiving eggs from Farm.

Top Blue Box = Death Cage (These poor creatures...)

Bottom Blue Boxes = Tamed Farms (Only need one of these of course)

Yellow Boxes = 100% Wild Farms. (Ignore, I'm just keeping these around to see what the production rate is for 100% Wild Plastic Product)

!Efficiency Alert! There should only be three sweepers, which could cover the entire farm, I did not realize that until now, meh. xD

2Region.thumb.png.61d7ce84d5af3f3d74a6d10bf9ef3fb2.png

Elaboration (If needed) = Eggs from Farm get sent to Death Cage, where they will eventually hatch, then live roughly 37 cycles before perishing.

Critter Sensor is set respectively to amount Farm can handle. For me, it's 2x Glossy since I'm utilizing Wild Mealwood Pip Planting. Maybe it's 3x Gloss, i only have 1 rancher in this play-through though, and she doesn't have spare time for more i think.

3delivery.thumb.png.86a282384fca80faa20b0f42b649c307.png

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

A slight modification to this puts two liquid locks to the left and right of the grooming station, which means the dreckos cannot move at all and always in front of the grooming station.

I thought it is a even better idea. But wont they just travel through the water lock and go somewhere else? Could I see a picture of the design plz?

1 hour ago, Z0366 said:

I thought it is a even better idea. But wont they just travel through the water lock and go somewhere else? Could I see a picture of the design plz?

Something like this. With 2000g of naphtha on the bottom you will also prevent any inadvertent off-gassing, farting and breathing that might displace it.

7.gif.b33946dec50075fb2d9ae5681e50ca00.gif

ref:

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

Something like this. With 2000g of naphtha on the bottom you will also prevent any inadvertant off-gassing, farting and breathing that might displace it.

7.gif.b33946dec50075fb2d9ae5681e50ca00.gif

So drecko won't travel through liquid? I didn't know that. But

Archived