Sterile Atmosphere in latest update?

Is CO2 no longer a sterile atmosphere for anyone else? Just got my first notifications about food rotting and noticed my CO2 pit fridge isn't "sterile" anymore.

Edit: Watching it more closely, it appears that the "sterile atmosphere" tag appears and disappears constantly on a ration box built where my fridges used to be.

Edit 2: So I'm guessing that both tiles above a ration box or fridge now need to be CO2 or Chlorine to get the sterile environment buff, putting my fridges lower with a higher wall has held up so far.

6 hours ago, TheScaryOne said:

Is CO2 no longer a sterile atmosphere for anyone else? Just got my first notifications about food rotting and noticed my CO2 pit fridge isn't "sterile" anymore.

Edit: Watching it more closely, it appears that the "sterile atmosphere" tag appears and disappears constantly on a ration box built where my fridges used to be.

Edit 2: So I'm guessing that both tiles above a ration box or fridge now need to be CO2 or Chlorine to get the sterile environment buff, putting my fridges lower with a higher wall has held up so far.

Yeah, I've been having some issues as well. I haven't has enough time to do any semblance of testing due to a job and a 5 year that doesn't listen...

CO2 pits still work but you’ve gotta be careful with them. I quickly found that the classic pit didn’t quite work. My current system has the same basic pit design, but with a lid over part of it to limit diffusion. I also added a CO2 input vent just in case, but it’s overpressure most of the time. I tried chlorine at one point to see if I could get a system that preserves and disinfects, but quickly found that it wasn’t worth the hassle—easier to disinfect at the source of the germs.

Archived