Invisible dupes, nothing moving

After one of the post-launch updates, my game would load but all the dupes are invisible and nothing (not even critters) seem to move.  I can click on invisible dupes and see their names come up. I can see that they're holding something. When I unpause, I can see their breath (CO2 puffs) but nothing else happens. I've let it sit for awhile and eventually the dupes start stressing and then die from hunger, etc.  

I had three mods:

1. Bigger Camera Zoom Out
  2. GasOverlay
  3. ChainedDeconstruction

I've tried loading with and without these mods, but there's no difference. 

The last two things in the log file are:

[WARNING] AdjustLoad() failed
[WARNING] AdjustLoad() failed

I've included/attached the log file also.

I've attached my sav file (zipped for size).

Any idea what my options are for recovering this save game or am I hosed? 

Thanks for any advice!

Saucy_b4_new_rocket.sav

output_log.txt

So I loaded up your save, and observed the same as you describe.  Dupes are invisible, they show at 0 kcal in the vitals screen and there's an error on the right side that says to reload.

I then saved the game with a new name, exited entirely, then loaded up the new save.  The dupes show up again and it appears fine.  The error message is gone.  However, dupes immediately start dying off.  You may need to try the same procedure with an earlier save, if you have one, to see if that fixes the issue.

Anyways, here's the new file, hope you can get it recovered.  If you can't get an earlier save file fixed, post it and I can do the same thing I did here to try to salvage it.

Saucy_b4_new_rocket_fixed.sav

14 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

So I loaded up your save, and observed the same as you describe.  Dupes are invisible, they show at 0 kcal in the vitals screen and there's an error on the right side that says to reload.

I then saved the game with a new name, exited entirely, then loaded up the new save.  The dupes show up again and it appears fine.  The error message is gone.  However, dupes immediately start dying off.  You may need to try the same procedure with an earlier save, if you have one, to see if that fixes the issue.

Anyways, here's the new file, hope you can get it recovered.  If you can't get an earlier save file fixed, post it and I can do the same thing I did here to try to salvage it.

Saucy_b4_new_rocket_fixed.sav

That worked! 

Thank you! The starved dupes is another matter, I think I know what that was above (when I was trying to load the game earlier and fix this).

Thanks again! And now it's SO FAST with the recent updates.

Archived