[Request] automatically move debris to an appropriate storage for performance gain

I've seen quite a few people claim that moving debris to a designated, appropriate storage improves performance substantially.

However, even when I tried to do that on my previous base with a huge array of sweepers and conveyor belts and assigning most of my power to that task, I only managed to sweep a small portion of the map.

Therefore, my question is - is it feasible to make a mod that iterates through all the debris, finds appropriate storage (users would have to make these storages before enabling the mod) and transfers it there?

Thanks in advance

it will benefit us all if made

P.S this mod will likely be considered a hack or unfair advantage by most users, but I value performance most than arbitrary judgements.

Have you tried drop points instead of storage bins?  Bins would take over a thousand to hold all the debris on a map, and definitely wouldn't improve performance.  But a singular drop point using the auto dispensers, doesn't require power, should be very doable, and should get a performance gain as all the debris merges together when it equalizes in temperature.

A more interesting mod would be for all debris to instantly merge together at the average temperature of the two, rather than waiting for the temps to reduce first.

den3919uynp31.thumb.png.45939bf0b8c3baa897aa61b758eafdbd.png

Actually the stack cap is 100T. I know because I was putting a massive amount of lumber into a chamber via a conveyor chute with an aquatuner to try and heat it up per a suggestion on the wiki, and was quite miffed that I lost quite a bit of lumber before I noticed after 100T newly added material is just deleted.

Archived