Smallbirds following the wrong person

Hello! 

My boyfriend and I play DST and have recently encountered an issue related to raising Smallbirds. During our last play session I spent time to hatch 2 Tallbird eggs so that I could raise a few Smallbirds in our world. Once they hatched they followed me for the rest of our play session which was several days worth of time in the game. 

However, the issue we are encountering started when we logged back in today to continue playing in our world. My boyfriend, who is the host of the server, logs in before me since he has to launch the server. When he lands in the world first, the Smallbirds immediately follow him, and will not follow me when I enter the world. Is there a way to fix this so that the Smallbirds continue to follow me even if I log in to the server after him? 

Thanks for the help y'all! 

Smallbirds seem to lose their attachment when the person they imprinted on leaves the server, and if they don't have a player they'll attach themselves to the first one who comes near them. It works for wild smallbirds that hatch from tallbird nests, too. So... it may not be possible for him to transfer custody to you, unless you set up a dedicated server. Or there might be a mod that allows that but I haven't looked.

19 hours ago, VincentTheOwl said:

Hello! 

My boyfriend and I play DST and have recently encountered an issue related to raising Smallbirds. During our last play session I spent time to hatch 2 Tallbird eggs so that I could raise a few Smallbirds in our world. Once they hatched they followed me for the rest of our play session which was several days worth of time in the game. 

However, the issue we are encountering started when we logged back in today to continue playing in our world. My boyfriend, who is the host of the server, logs in before me since he has to launch the server. When he lands in the world first, the Smallbirds immediately follow him, and will not follow me when I enter the world. Is there a way to fix this so that the Smallbirds continue to follow me even if I log in to the server after him? 

Thanks for the help y'all! 

If I was you I wouldn't get to attached to them anyway... Let's just say their teenage rebel phase is going to hit hard on them

**spoiler below if you don't know what I mean**

Spoiler

They'll grow and turn hostile upon becoming full grown tallbirds, which is a shame.

21 hours ago, VincentTheOwl said:

Is there a way to fix this so that the Smallbirds continue to follow me even if I log in to the server after him?

You can have him enter the caves while you're standing nearby. The smallbirds will lose attachment to him and will once again follow you.

Archived