error: \source\game\components\PostProcessorComponent.cpp(30): Trace follows

I'm currently trying to fix the Multi Worlds mod (choosing multiland or any specific land in world-presets).

After fixing the current anim bug with the beaver,it still crashes with only this in logfile (no more trace):

Assert failure 'src != INVALID_RESOURCE_HANDLE' at ..\source\game\components\PostProcessorComponent.cpp(30): Trace follows...

I already found out it happens when the gamelogic.lua does "SpawnPrefab(savedata.map.prefab)", so when the worlds prefab is spawned. And google brought me to a thread where this problem had sth to do with "resolvefilepath" : https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/29120-mod-request-screecher-camera/?page=3 (as usual this forum software sucks, can not link to the specific post, cause the link then will only bring you to first page of the thread)

Edited by Serpens

1 hour ago, Serpens said:

I'm currently trying to fix the Multi Worlds mod (choosing multiland or any specific land in world-presets).

After fixing the current anim bug with the beaver,it still crashes with only this in logfile (no more trace):

I already found out it happens when the gamelogic.lua does "SpawnPrefab(savedata.map.prefab)", so when the worlds prefab is spawned. And google brought me to a thread where this problem had sth to do with "resolvefilepath".

Sadly, I'm not too sure what the crash is but for me it always happened when I was messing around with colourcubes, if that helps a bit.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

Sadly, I'm not too sure what the crash is but for me it always happened when I was messing around with colourcubes, if that helps a bit.

yes, I added the link above where I already found this error at this forum. And if I followed it correctly, the problem was sth with resolvefilepath and not the colourcubes?!

Anyway:
Assuming it has to do with colourcubes, what/which things could be affected by this? I have zero knowledge about anims/images.
I mean, how can we track down whos colourcube is the one to blame? Removing every prefab? Or only specific ones? Or remove all stategraphs? or where to look for it?

Edited by Serpens

24 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

the error in that thread is not caused by a duplicate asset, its happens when PostProcessor:SetColourCubeData is used improperly more specifically it occurs when argument number 2(the first file path) isn't a valid file.

do you know how to track down the cause within a mod? I have no clue about the Multi Worlds mod and his anims or files, but would like to track down which anim or whatever is causing it. But I dont know for what exactly I have to search. For a broken anim file? Or is it some code that needs a fix?

Edited by Serpens

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Serpens said:

do you know how to track down the cause within a mod? I have no clue about the Multi Worlds mod and his anims or files, but would like to track down which anim or whatever is causing it. But I dont know for what exactly I have to search. For a broken anim file? Or is it some code that needs a fix?

a simple way to find where/why your crashing should be adding this inside modmain.
this will cause the game to ouptut lots of debug data everytime a function inside PostProcessor is enabled.

_G.PostProcessor = _G.instrument_userdata(_G.PostProcessor)

• Like 2

On 30.9.2019 at 4:29 AM, Zarklord said:

a simple way to find where/why your crashing should be adding this inside modmain.
this will cause the game to ouptut lots of debug data everytime a function inside PostProcessor is enabled.

_G.PostProcessor = _G.instrument_userdata(_G.PostProcessor)

in modmain and in some runs of modworldgenmain, PostProcessor is nil.
I added this to modmain and to modworldgenmain (once time it is not nil in modworldgenmain, so it should be executed then, we dont even need rawget):

if GLOBAL.PostProcessor~=nil then
    GLOBAL.PostProcessor = GLOBAL.instrument_userdata(GLOBAL.PostProcessor)
end

But I can not see more information than previously in the logfile.

You won't be able to fix Multi-Worlds that easily. The developer made the mod before RoT and developed his own code to handle water, as a result, Multi-worlds defines many 'forbidden' files, such as:

- forest.lua

- wavemanager.lua

- locomotor.lua

The error you get is just a consequence of all those files being overriden by MW, and not matching the other game scripts anymore. Unfortunately I don't have a list of all the files, and even once you've removed all of them it will take some work to make the rest of MW code coherent with the new scripts.

8 hours ago, Saiph said:

You won't be able to fix Multi-Worlds that easily. The developer made the mod before RoT and developed his own code to handle water, as a result, Multi-worlds defines many 'forbidden' files, such as:

- forest.lua

- wavemanager.lua

- locomotor.lua

The error you get is just a consequence of all those files being overriden by MW, and not matching the other game scripts anymore. Unfortunately I don't have a list of all the files, and even once you've removed all of them it will take some work to make the rest of MW code coherent with the new scripts.

thank you, yes, I feared so =/
But since there is already water, we indeed can remove all this and dont have to rewrite it.
So this error has nothing to do with an animation itself. that is good to know.
Unfortunately I would like to take some months break, at least of big modding projects. And fixing multi worlds will be a big project I fear... I may try around here and there, but dont want to spend 100+ hours on it.

edit: Swaggy just released a fork, that atleast can start the multiland preset. But I fear it is still alot of work, to make it really work flawless (although I did no test his fork yet) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883683402

Edited by Serpens

15 hours ago, Serpens said:

edit: Swaggy just released a fork, that atleast can start the multiland preset. But I fear it is still alot of work, to make it really work flawless (although I did no test his fork yet) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883683402

Yeah, that's me :D Shortly after writing this answer I decided to give it a try, since I know MW code quite a bit, and their devs don't plan to fix it apparently.

Surprisingly after fixing just a few files I managed to make the game start. That's good, even though the mod is probably not fixed yet.

• Developer
On 10/8/2019 at 5:31 PM, Saiph said:

Yeah, that's me :D Shortly after writing this answer I decided to give it a try, since I know MW code quite a bit, and their devs don't plan to fix it apparently.

Surprisingly after fixing just a few files I managed to make the game start. That's good, even though the mod is probably not fixed yet.

oh your Swaggy? cool.

• Like 1