Boat Mods and Canoes

I played Hamlet for the first time this week (and am loving it), but one thing in particular that stuck out to me was the cork bowl canoe. As a Woodie main (and a bearded, flannel-wearing outdoorsy person myself), I have a love of canoes, and immediately built one and keep it in my cottage when I'm not using it.

Cork_Bowl_Canoe.png.f38b6dcd7cd9d35d9bb49d8305b3b31b.png

What I'm curious about, is the likelihood of boat mods coming to DST now that we have water and boat mechanics. Specifically in regards to how difficult it would be to implement a canoe like in Hamlet, as far as looks, speed, and being able to portage (place it back into inventory, pack it over land, and then put it back into the water). 

I don't know very much about modding, but would the current boat system allow for something like this to be a thing? Or is it too different from the boat mechanics in Hamlet to be doable? Someone had jokingly mentioned Woodie getting a birch bark canoe in another thread, but now that I know it's a thing in Hamlet, I sooo want a canoe in DST XD  We don't have the cork trees, but I'd imagine it could look like it was made of Birchnut bark ;)

But anyway, is this something that could be possible, or are the mechanics just too different to allow it (as far as being practical to implement)?

bruce18a.jpg.0dd8789463dc5b32dc2f55a705cde468.jpg

Archived