Liquid Shutoff problem, thermo aquatuner

Hi,

I'm using Liquid Shutoff and Liquid Pipe Thermo Sensor to feed my Thermo Aquatuner with water hotter than 14ºC and second Liquid Shutoff and Liquid Pipe Thermo Sensor to remove water colder than 14ºC from loop. But sometimes happens thats first Liquid Shutoff allows passing water colder than 14ºC to Thermo Aquatuner causing water to freeze and damaging pipe. I was trying to figure out where is problem but after few hours still i don't know how to fix it.

Here is my setup, if anyone could help i would be grateful.
h7xEyVo.png

3 minutes ago, bobe17 said:

the second sensor+shutoff is still advisable if he wants water to come out under 14°

There is no need for it, one shutoff and sensor gets the job done.

If the liquid is below the set temperature it is sent out of the loop, and if its not the sensor activates the shutoff and sends its back into the aqua tuner.

I believe the issue with your build is that your second path for your first shutoff is being blocked.  This leads to the flow stopping, which means that the shutoff filter is holding a packet of below 14 C water that isn't flowing away.  If the next packet is warmer than 14 C, then that packet triggers the sensor and the cold packet is allowed through.

To fix this, you need to make sure that the water from the aquatuner has lower priority than the water from the shut off valve.  To do this, put a bridge one tile below the output of the aquatuner going down and remove the pipe next to the bridge input (to the left).

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

Probably due to stop and go traffic on the shutoff.

How about a simplification by removing the second sensor.

scheme.thumb.png.d41a9d350e09b05d551c2cae378f8052.png

In my opinion problem with this setup is inefficient method of cooling water in terms of waster power for aquatuner when flow in output pipe with cold water is blocked and liquid reservoir will fill up with hot water from pump. When flow with cold water is resumed u need to cool whole 5t of water using packets 10kg of water colder by 14C than in liquid reservoir. So process is much slower and u are using more power to feed aquatuner.

49 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I believe the issue with your build is that your second path for your first shutoff is being blocked.  This leads to the flow stopping, which means that the shutoff filter is holding a packet of below 14 C water that isn't flowing away.  If the next packet is warmer than 14 C, then that packet triggers the sensor and the cold packet is allowed through.

To fix this, you need to make sure that the water from the aquatuner has lower priority than the water from the shut off valve.  To do this, put a bridge one tile below the output of the aquatuner going down and remove the pipe next to the bridge input (to the left).

This solution works perfect. Thank u so much.

16 minutes ago, milt3n said:

In my opinion problem with this setup is inefficient method of cooling water in terms of waster power for aquatuner when flow in output pipe with cold water is blocked and liquid reservoir will fill up with hot water from pump. When flow with cold water is resumed u need to cool whole 5t of water using packets 10kg of water colder by 14C than in liquid reservoir. So process is much slower and u are using more power to feed aquatuner.

Uh, what? You are not using any more power, and the total time needed is the same. (Exception: every time you start the aquatuner you lose 1200J, which should occur more often by lowering aquatuner priority.)

The reason I don't use this design is that the aquatuner can have down time when it needs to be working (whenever it is outputting cold water).

52 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

Uh, what? You are not using any more power, and the total time needed is the same. (Exception: every time you start the aquatuner you lose 1200J, which should occur more often by lowering aquatuner priority.)

The reason I don't use this design is that the aquatuner can have down time when it needs to be working (whenever it is outputting cold water).

Ok sorry my bad, u are right. I already did some tests and to cool 5t of water to 13,9C with my setup i used 3012kJ compared to your setup 2 707,2‬kJ.

Archived