Woodie rework sucks

The rework really seems to be hastily put together.

What i find most disturbing, is the fact that woodie doesnt really have a theme anymore.

He is now good at everything (the duration is mostly too short (and can be tweaked to be longer) but the effectiveness of the forms is too good), and he can choose exactly when to be. He became an allrounder.

Did we really need another allrounder that is good at everything? The logmeter was great.

The fact that lucy doesnt really have anything to do with his forms anymore, its just disappointing.

Really disappointed with the rework.

30 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Delete it, now Woodie is perfect. If do you want a sub-ottimal character play whit Wes. 

Im not gonna delete anything. Woodie has no specific purpose now, he is strong in every single aspect and lucy has no connection to his theme.... because he has no theme anymore. If you wanna play overpowered characters, play wickerbotom.

Making a character overly strong in every aspect is lackluster game design, hastily put together to please people like you.

Old woodie is way superior when it comes to game design, and that is the only thing i care about.

If i want overpowered characters, i can mod the game with OP chars.

old woodie was lumberjack new woodie is canadian

Klei said they want to make every character playable with unique gameplay , they did and will do
check willow , winona , warly too  are they fighter ? no. But winona can destroy everything with her catapults ? Willow's bear taunt enemies and willow can attack them behind ? Warly makes him stronger with him foods (downside is getting these foods hard but teammates can use ) as you see every reworked char good at all points and i like this  

i think you want woodie to only be unique in his logging abilities which is fair but i think the devs are trying to promote his curse abiltiie as a risk reward perk with woodie losing all his hunger and a good amount of sanity to use the were powers, which is now his theme 

Woodie The Were Canadian 

3 hours ago, gh0un said:

Im not gonna delete anything. Woodie has no specific purpose now, he is strong in every single aspect and lucy has no connection to his theme.... because he has no theme anymore. If you wanna play overpowered characters, play wickerbotom.

Making a character overly strong in every aspect is lackluster game design, hastily put together to please people like you.

Old woodie is way superior when it comes to game design, and that is the only thing i care about.

If i want overpowered characters, i can mod the game with OP chars.

Vanilla Woodie was great for gathering wood, the Werebeaver was great for speed, fighting, and gathering all materials.

DST Woodie is now great for gathering wood, the Werebeaver is great for gathering materials, the Moose is good for fighting, and the Goose is good for speed.

They just separated everything Woodie was already good at into 3 different forms.

Archived