Changes to Attitude and Obtuse

E.X.D.

How do you feel about the  changes to attitude and obtuse? I understand the desire to make the cards feel more distinct but I don't think I like how they did it. Attitude only give you one dominance so it's not very useful unless you draw another card to use with is the same turn and since you start with less dominance based cards anyway, I feel like a lot of the time I draw it and it's not worth using even if I'm aiming to play dominance. You need to either quickly get it leveled or really flesh out your other cards to make proper use of it. At least when it gave 2 attitude it might still be of use to you next turn when you had another chance to draw a dominance based card before it all degraded away. I think right now attitudes influence counterpart is way better. It gives you 2 influence and influence doesn't degrade. So it's really easy to stack it even though the starting deck has nothing that will consume the influence, which is counter intuitive because I feel like with the starting cards I always end up with too much influence and not enough dominance. It feels like the starting deck is best built to play influence cards off the bat and you really have to tilt it to get some decent cards for dominance.

I might say from my own experience starter deck is all about "play what you draw". If you draw a hostile cards use Attitude branch. Otherwise go for Inspiration. I argree it's harder to pull of "hostile" strategy with base deck. But sometimes it's even better because u surely wanna upgrade Fast Talks and have a chance to remove them from your deck asap.

Btw Attitude now hits for 2 damage. That's not bad start! :D

Obtuse got a sizeable boost, so that one is good. The new Attitude will deal more damage than the old one most of the time; by the time you have enough Hostile cards in your deck that you expect to play 2+ per turn, you should have upgraded Sal's Instinct already. The main reason why Attitude is arguably nerfed is what TheCoolestFool said: with the previous version, sometimes the opponent might target the leftover Dominance the turn after.

Archived