PokeShell Information (i think)

In my ONI map, i had built a pip and poke ranch. The obvious problem was that pokeshell's get aggresive from being near an egg....

well, i was low on food, so i wanted a mealwood planted, i left the dirt tile there and it eventually grew a plant

i had a ram-shackle sweeper to get the eggs out, with no way to return them, so i, i a clear move of brilliance, placed an automatic dispenser without obstructing arbor tree growth or planting, which i placed next to the dirt tile

now, the pips and pokes are hurt, but thats only because the duplicants ran to take the egg out of its cubby hole to return it to the dispenser and drop it back in, but as you can see, the pokeshells arent angry even though theres an egg nearby

TLDR: pokeshells seem to only be enraged when they can reach an egg, not necessarily when they are near it

i hadnt seen this on the wiki, and i dont remember seeing this on the forums before, so let me be the first (or whatever number it may be) to post this info

20190906165414_1.jpg

It’s a known thing, that Pokeshell aggression is triggered by being able to path to an egg, not distance. Pokeshell ranches generally take this into account.

My current Pokeshell setup has them in a narrow room with an autosweeper set to pick up eggs. It delivers them to a tiny room with a critter drop-off set to auto-wrangle everything. Pokeshells hatch there, become juveniles, and then get wrangled and moved to the main room when they become adults.

1 hour ago, Gus Smedstad said:

It’s a known thing, that Pokeshell aggression is triggered by being able to path to an egg, not distance. Pokeshell ranches generally take this into account.

My current Pokeshell setup has them in a narrow room with an autosweeper set to pick up eggs. It delivers them to a tiny room with a critter drop-off set to auto-wrangle everything. Pokeshells hatch there, become juveniles, and then get wrangled and moved to the main room when they become adults.

Okay, thats why i said i didnt know if anyone knew it. it is neat though, and can make pokeshell ranching easier. definitely easier (or at least more resource efficient) to make the ranch sweeping inside the ranch instead of outside and it could use less dupe movement (at the cost of long incubation, cramping, etc. i said resource efficient, not Efficient). good to know people know about it before i did.

20 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Thanks, info like this is hard to come across when you tend to exterminate all life. :)

ranch pokeshells for most of the lime you need. This is a simpler ranch design that i found on accident which can help start up a ranch without cargo boats of refined metal and planning.

also, why do you exterminate all life....you scare me....THINK OF THE SLICKIES

Archived