Device to Auto-Murder Ranched Critters?

Forgive me if this has already been suggested before, but... I would reeeally like an automated device to harvest meat from my critters on a regular basis. Having a stable full of shove voles is fun and often tasty - until I actually have to stop and think about them.

You can drown critters, but it's a rather bulky setup to automate and it needs special construction to work with shove voles.
Some kind of machine that puts them in a pod that somehow kills them would certainly make sense. Or if Klei wanted to be brutal, a critter guillotine that could double as a bad dupe execution device.

Of course, ranching as a whole feels like it is clumsily put together with all the dupe labor and weird automation and such. At least the critter sensor now is more user-friendly.

@Haze33E's mod suggestion is getting close to the target, but I think a device for processing critters would be a genuinely useful addition to the game, rather than having to come up with some solution using the current tools.

I'm picturing something along the lines of a programmable Murder-Bot.....

On 8/31/2019 at 7:36 PM, oconzer said:

Why not have a setting on the autominer to allow it to harm critters. Then you'd automate it to kill critters when you get too many.

That's pretty much identical to the concept of the mod that was presented here. And it's... OK.

But, personally? I'd like something with more spikes and sawblades, and maybe a hopper to collect all of the processed meat.

Maybe it could be a skill further on the critter ranching tree. Kill/Clean, and there's a % chance to harvest like... i don't know, guts to render into fat => oil, or teeth and bone => lime... perhaps its too gruesome for this type of game though. I mean, have you guys seen how the duplicants very distinctly keep their hands in site when they shower.

Archived