ethanol storage... ticking timebomb?

Depends on your definition of explode. It cannot state change inside the liquid reservoir, though if the ambient temperature is high enough you might create a situation where it state changes the moment it leaves the reservoir. It can state change inside a pipe, which will damage the pipe and release the gas. Once the pipe breaks no more liquid will flow through. So if that entire area became too hot the most you'd be looking at is a whole mess of broken pipes and a high atmospheric pressure. 

I believe the combustible tag is just related to its use as a fuel. The game doesn't model igniting solids, liquids or gases in the open environment. 

We say the evaporation temp is low but that is relative. Its still 78c which is much higher than you want things outside your industrial areas to be. In fact with the location you are showing us the heat would kill your trees before the ethanol gets too hot. 

28 minutes ago, Promethien said:

We say the evaporation temp is low but that is relative. Its still 78c which is much higher than you want things outside your industrial areas to be. In fact with the location you are showing us the heat would kill your trees before the ethanol gets too hot. 

im using mods xD (ethanol geyser)image.thumb.png.230ac4e4140cc7a4ef15a18b89682888.png

the plan was to create an infinite reservoir of cold and pipe it around my base or create a thermal pocket to create infinite heat storage. both stopped at a dead end. though i am now considering venting it to space after its done its cooldown job.

image.thumb.png.6544e20c5d8959c3d476083b7d87aee8.png

Archived