Using the AETN to cool water for sleet wheat!

20190820235802_1.thumb.jpg.52342eee25ef6c3e048ddfcbe6e7c5df.jpg

I designed this myself through trial and error and I no longer have to pay attention to my food supply ever again practically.  Ignore the two liquid reservoirs at the top, they are not connected to anything.  Keep in mind that this is far from optimal, I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of comments questioning why I'm not using pure hydrogen atmosphere or something.  Hey, I just wanted some frost buns :p

To get this AETN to work for cooling to a specific temperature, I'd need to shut it off when the temperature got to a certain point.  No automation port, so I just used 2 doors (one would have worked too, but I went for the aesthetic).  These will open when the temperature sensor drops below 8 C.  I added a buffer between them set to 50 seconds to prevent over cooling and an over consumption of hydrogen--no need to be wasteful!  Simply dumping in hot water would have been really slow and would have quickly killed my plants, so I installed a flow limiter set to 5kg/s and a shut off whenever the water got too hot (hooked up to the same thermometer).  Water is added for a very brief period of time before the water gets too warm, so liquid is added in very small amounts to save AETN work.  The liquid pump simply feeds the plants the water they need.  Strangely enough, I found that air flow tiles were slower to cool than metal tiles, so I used those instead.  The liquid pipes you see running behind the AETN are additional cooling power (some polluted water), just in case.

And there you have it!  This should run as long as you keep the pump and shut off powered, the hamster wheel works just fine hear as hardly any electricity is consumed.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

Well done buddy - if you ever do this again, gas shutoffs make it a doddle to automate. 

Well. A gas shut off without a valve loop to limit the flow to 10g/s would mean you have at least 3 pipe sections of hydrogen after the shut off assuming the shortest possible distance from the shut off to the AETN. That's 300 seconds, or half a cycle, worth of hydrogen that the AETN will continue to operate after being "shut off".

The door method is the better one in my experience.

For those interested a valve loop flow limiter with shut off loop tapping looks something like this:

image.thumb.png.fa4b19a5b12ffe5cb2cf04629dd0e417.png

Archived