nome    4,159

No, it shouldn't unless you request that your account is deleted, or merge multiple accounts. The latter you can't do yet, and the former prevents you from playing for 30 days to avoid it being used for abuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

benatore    0
Posted (edited)

I have to watch or to know if my account and merge with another? 

I really feel that my klei user id has change but I did not ask for removal, at worst I see if there is change in the coming days

It is possible that an update can change it?

Edited by benatore

nome    4,159

It should never change except if you do something on the https://accounts.klei.com website. If it changed you're probably using a different account with steam or wegame or PS4 or what have you. We tie your klei user ID to the identifier your platform gives us.

• Thanks 1

benatore    0
Posted (edited)

for example if I connect on the ps4 it will be another id but if I connect again by steam it will be the unique id provided by steam, I am right ?

and the only thing I did on my account is to have linked my account twitch nothing else, I do not count on any platform other than steam.

Edited by benatore

nome    4,159

As of today, one steam ID will always map to the same KU unless you use the "delete account" button.

nome    4,159

Yes. When you start DST in online mode, it tells Klei what your steamID is. We then look that steamID up in the KU database. If it already exists, you get the KU associated with that steamID. If not, a new KU is created for you.

We do this because by abstracting away the platform (steam, PSN, wegame, xbox, etc, etc) we don't have to do as much work every time we port the game to a new platform, and some day when we have crossplay between various platforms that'll be way easier too.

• Thanks 1

CarlZalph    2,966
7 hours ago, nome said:

and some day when we have crossplay between various platforms

If only.  That'll be the day when the big companies decide to not be self-serving.

benatore    0

finally I found on my mail the link to activate my account steam a klei and in this said there was my id in it and it's the same one that I currently have it's just me who did not not pay attention