Mod Suggestion: Auto Add Digged Turf Into Inventory

We had this idea while endlessly picking up dug turfs when building a mega base. Tried to mess around with terraformer.lua but turns out we have no idea how to mod :D. Is there anyone that would like to take this request por favor? We think it'd be very useful for lots of people.

Edited by Ezaroth

Get my Auto Stack mod from the workshop. It doesn't put them into your inventory directly, but it stacks items spawned on the ground together. The standard setting is that a newly spawned/dropped item will look for similar items within a range, and stack those items onto itself, so the stack of turfs will follow you around until it's full, and then any newly dropped turfs will start a new stack. Then you only have to pick up a 20th of the items, or however many turfs can be in a stack.

I made it this way, because usually it would be annoying to have every dropped item be automatically put into your inventory, so this seemed a good compromise.

Edited by Ultroman

I updated my Auto Stack mod so you can now enable that stackable items are automatically picked up when they are spawned in the world close to a player. For convenience, you can make it only automatically pick up items of which you have one in your inventory already.