Yellow Automation Signal

How about an automation signal that isn't so restrictive, being Open or Closed? Was just now wanting to use the motion sensor to make a door automatically open when dupes get near it, so as to avoid them having to wait as long to go through it, I completely forgot that when the signal is red, it just locks the door instead so they'll never use it.

So I was thinking that a yellow signal for automation would be nice, add an option of it outputting a red or yellow signal to certain items, like the motion sensor, if it outputs a yellow signal, the item in this case would leave the door at "Auto" setting so dupes will still go for the door, but instead of them having to rub against the door and wait for however long, it'll automatically open when they get within the radius of the sensor~

This could possibly have a use on many appliances in the game, not just doors, though doors would be the big one for me but could certainly experiment with other things as well.

I dont use much automation but i think u could use a timer activated and a pressure plate, the timer would open the door 5 seconds before the dupes enter the door (like in a gas station) with a pressure plate to trigger it. I havent test it but im sure you could. Best of wishes

1 minute ago, dereq said:

I dont use much automation but i think u could use a timer activated and a pressure plate, the timer would open the door 5 seconds before the dupes enter the door (like in a gas station) with a pressure plate to trigger it. I havent test it but im sure you could. Best of wishes

The pressure plate would have to be in a spot where they always run past, and then within that x number of seconds they'd have to go do their business in the room.
But yes, there are work arounds for "simulating" this idea, but they are clunky and it'd simply be far easier if we just got a yellow signal on certain things~

The problem with automation is that it`s binary. Either red or green. Adding a third option makes it no longer binary so the logic gates can no longer be applied or work a different way and more logic gate types are needed.

Instead of a yellow signal how a bout a door setting. Since doors have 3 states let us set the red or green signal to the auto state.

54 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

The problem with automation is that it`s binary. Either red or green. Adding a third option makes it no longer binary so the logic gates can no longer be applied or work a different way and more logic gate types are needed.

Instead of a yellow signal how a bout a door setting. Since doors have 3 states let us set the red or green signal to the auto state.

Hmm, I see, well, if we could set the doors up to work they way I wanted to then that'd be enough for me. :p

pl0x

Archived