[?] Connecting to a locally hosted dedicated server?

When connecting through the game browser to my locally hosted dedicated server I have noticed that my ping fluctuates as though my connection is still going through some external matchmaking server (presumably to obfuscate user's connections to prevent malicious behavior?)

I have tried using c_connect("127.0.0.1", 10889) in an attempt to connect directly to the server without utilizing the game browser, but I get a message saying there is a server/client version mismatch. There is not actually a version mismatch as I am able to connect using the game browser. 

Some details on my server:

It's a private steam group server owned by me and hosted locally on the machine I use to connect to it.

Given the little information you provided I can assure you, that

6 hours ago, L. Ringmaster said:

c_connect("127.0.0.1", 10889)

would be the correct command. Just make sure that the port is correct.

The only things I can imagine is that either you have multiple DST servers running on your PC, and one of them is the older version, the other one is the correct version, or that it's somewhat related to this issue regarding hosting a server on the same PC you are playing from.

Archived