World creation settings.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:08 AM, PSV_USA said:

LOL, I think it's part of the game design. The game's job is to kill you and your job is to not let it. I suppose more resources would make it too easy ;)

Thank you for saying this. People seem to forget that this game is suppose to be a challenge. Play how you wish, but I can’t stand servers with disease and wildfires off. I just don’t get it. Again, play as you wish. I’m not trying to dictate how you play, but 90% of the community turns disease and wildfires off. The common response I get is “it’s annoying” lmao. Yeah it’s suppose to be if you don’t know what you’re doing. I’m going to get a lot of hate for this but it’s just my opinion. Same with people that kill Toadstool with flingos or bee queen with tentacles/bunnymen/catapults. Or fuel weaver with houndious shootious. You’re literally taking all the fun out of fighting. I’d like to see more Servers that don’t exploit these methods. I enjoy a straight up fight rather then hiding in a bush hat 

20 hours ago, Purroantrax said:

Thank you for saying this. People seem to forget that this game is suppose to be a challenge. Play how you wish, but I can’t stand servers with disease and wildfires off. I just don’t get it. Again, play as you wish. I’m not trying to dictate how you play, but 90% of the community turns disease and wildfires off. The common response I get is “it’s annoying” lmao. Yeah it’s suppose to be if you don’t know what you’re doing. I’m going to get a lot of hate for this but it’s just my opinion. Same with people that kill Toadstool with flingos or bee queen with tentacles/bunnymen/catapults. Or fuel weaver with houndious shootious. You’re literally taking all the fun out of fighting. I’d like to see more Servers that don’t exploit these methods. I enjoy a straight up fight rather then hiding in a bush hat 

I agree about making the environment too easy by removing the hazards.
I would say, however; that using flingos, tentacles, bunnymen and the like to beat a boss is just being efficient and innovative. You are still only using the materials you are given to complete a task, just in a way that maximizes your gain with as little loss as necessary. I get that. It takes a lot of patience and resource gathering to put together many of those ideas. It's just a different game-play style, that's all. Some people like to fight it out like COD while others like to play it more like chess :)  Just my view on it.
Either way is fine. You certainly shouldn't get a lot of hate just for stating your opinion, though. Everyone is entitled to theirs :) 

23 hours ago, Purroantrax said:

Play how you wish, but I can’t stand servers with disease and wildfires off. I just don’t get it.

I consider myself a vet, but I play with disease off and wish I had turned off wildfires in my main world. The disease mechanic has been discussed to death as just not being fun. I encourage people to play with wildfires on unless they plan to megabase and open their world to public. I can't really let others play on my world in Summer due to the risk of everything burning by a little mistake. In my case, it takes away from the total fun I could be having with the community on one specific world. Pretty niche complaint. 

23 hours ago, Purroantrax said:

Same with people that kill Toadstool with flingos or bee queen with tentacles/bunnymen/catapults.

I can agree with this. The only boss I really autofarm is Beequeen because I need some much of her loot it's more efficient to just build 60+ bunny huts to fill up her biome. It also doubles as a food source for a full lobby of new players if need be. I have catapults set up on 2/3 Toadstools, but those can always be left off for a more natural fight. I've actually been waiting to down Misery toadstool legit once before I try farming knapsack blueprints. Other than that, I leave all the other fights to be done as intended. 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Purroantrax said:

You’re literally taking all the fun out of fighting. I’d like to see more Servers that don’t exploit these methods. I enjoy a straight up fight rather then hiding in a bush hat 

You might catch some flak for this but I know what you mean and do kind of agree. Having a megabase and a high day count doesn't mean you need to meticulously remove all the danger from the world which is what a lot of people seem to do. I've made a point to keep laying new traps and dangers throughout my world that catch people not paying attention. I just be sure to give them access to a swift revive so they can keep going. 

On 9/2/2019 at 9:02 PM, Purroantrax said:

You know, I'm a pretty chill guy, I try not to bother with people as much as possible, you know just living my life but  after reading this really this, I must say I really got pissed.

First of all, you talk like you are THE god of this game, you are looking down on people that are not as good. You talk like this game is suppose to be a real challenge, it is THAT hard to play with wild fire and disease on that you allow yourself to go around ( in other peoples world in a forum) to look down on them  ? Are you really have that much self righteous .

Obviously, based on the game allowing you to change settings, it is on YOU to take up the challenge or not, each people play the game differently that is why they allow to change the setting to make the game easier. Jeez 80% of the people can't even survive through winter and you come here to look down on people. Either you chose to take up the  challenge or not is on you, not anyone else, people can play the game the way they want. Whatever happen in my kitchen is my problem or are you have something to say there too ?

"Or fuel weaver with houndious shootious. You’re literally taking all the fun out of fighting" Fun fighting ? Whats so fun about fighting ? Some people just want the loot? Can people play the way they want without being judge ? That guy is pretty smart if you ask me.

You say you are not try to dictate how people play then why bother writing something that clearly is trying to make people feel bad about them. 

You enjoy straight up fight, should the whole world be like you ?I didn't think I had to point this out but people Do like different stuff.   I'm glad I'm not half  as good as you cause I 'd probably feel ****ty going around other peoples world to look down on them.

Talking about challenge , you don't have to answer but have you ever use to roll back feature and any of your many 1000+ days worlds to save your base, you life or for any other reason ? If  yes then not so challenging the game is right ? If no then Ill apologize to the god that you are.

Ps

Please do us a favor and stay out of our worlds, last thing I want is some god walking around in my world, mister I'm better then you because I play wildfire and disease.

Archived