Where should I make my base?

Aymeric

Your current island with a base is the best. The island, as far as I can see, has such unique resources as reeds, sand and crabs (beard for Meat Effigy). The island is not big, but it is possible to place all the necessary clusters on it: 1) Forest and bamboo with lumberjack pigs, 2) Spiders, 3) Bees, 4) Traps and / or cacti against hounds, 5) Corral for Doydoy.
There is even a sunken ship for summon Quacken.
For the summer you can organize a second base on the volcano. Hunt spiders, give their meat to the bird and sacrifice it.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:38 PM, 0rutyna0 said:

Your current island with a base is the best. The island, as far as I can see, has such unique resources as reeds, sand and crabs (beard for Meat Effigy). The island is not big, but it is possible to place all the necessary clusters on it: 1) Forest and bamboo with lumberjack pigs, 2) Spiders, 3) Bees, 4) Traps and / or cacti against hounds, 5) Corral for Doydoy.
There is even a sunken ship for summon Quacken.
For the summer you can organize a second base on the volcano. Hunt spiders, give their meat to the bird and sacrifice it.

I would agree, basing near a island with a Tidal Marsh and another biome usually provides lots of opportunities to thrive. Basically anywhere large and resource-rich should do.

I prefer to base in the large Jungle with a Tidal Marsh because it most usually has 2 clusters of 10 berry bushes as a setpiece. Finding it can be tough, but is usually worth it thanks to its size and its'  nice amount of food and resources.

The remote base in the Volcano is a good idea, too.

Correction, though - the Quacken spawns in any Deep Ocean tile when you go trawling, not just in ship graveyards.

Archived