suggestions: uses for sulfur

Let's collect all the uses for sulfur since its still the most useless material that just accumulates over time when you build a "real" oil destillery (ofcourse in ingame science)

I don't really care about the use, but anything is better then liquifing it and pump it out into space.... for heat deletion...

or is there already any use and i just missed it?

My suggestion is just let us burn this stuff in one of its states be it the solid state as a coal alternative or the liquid state in the petroleul generator or as a gas.

Please add your uses to this list

And keep in mind that constructing a new cycle is probably more work then just implementing the use into another preexisting cycle.

It could replace dirt in the fertilizer synthesizer.  Sulfer + phosphorus is how some real life fertilizers are made.  I do think another building that makes it would be nice, as well as a way to produce it without going to the lengths of a sour gas boiler.  It can be another thing you can make from crude oil.

Sulfur is used in explosives - along with refined carbon and fertilizer could make it into some sort of fireworks.

Sulfur is needed to produce rubber. An alternative plastic material would be useful. Maybe could be used for conveyor machines, people complain conveyor rails are raw metal, maybe thye should be rubber.

Sulfuric acid is important in chemical synthesis. Maybe we could get a chemical plant using sulfur as it`s main ingerdient and allowing for stuff like creating tungsten out of abyssalite.

Archived