First thoughts and Feedback

First off, I want to say congrats on the launch of the game and what looks to be another successful title! I've always been a fan of card games. So with Griftlands being a story driven card game I was instantly drawn into the narrative and the card battles.

I've spent most of the past 24 hrs playing... (its absorbing my life atm) and I've made it half way through the story on prestige 2 so far. I have a few thoughts/requests of things moving forward that I hope are already planned.

• Compendium of Cards (both battle and Negotiation) and Grafts
    • Make it similar to Slay the spire so that you have to encounter the graft/card/upgrade before it shows up in the compendium
    • Have a ??? card for things we still have to discover so we know if we've completed our "collection" yet.
  • A Neutral tab in the Relationship screen so we can look back at people we've encountered involved in the story that don't like/dislike us.
  • A way to sort cards in our deck by xp gained
    • This way when we're getting a reward of upgrading a battle/negotiation card. We can look at the cards that need xp to upgrade (in order of the xp they have) to determine what's the best option to chose.

I'm sure I will probably think of some other options and if I do, I'll edit them into this post below. Thanks again for a new game to pour my spare time into. :)

+1 for the compendium, this one is needed, it will also help report bugs.

Already having lot of fun playing this game, the feeling of the first character Sal is good, just hope the other will be as good and different.

I suggest having the "end turn" not on the same height with the discard and trash pile to avoid missclick while navigating between hand and discard pile building nasty sneaky play

Yeah the "end turn" button lighting up when your turn starts as you wait to draw your hand  has gotten me once so far. Not sure how'd I'd address it. But maybe they're already thinking of something. Skipped a turn in a negotiation and got demolished.

I'll think on it and maybe i can come up with another thought.

Really enjoying the game so far. Just got through the alpha one time and wanted to express some feed back.

1st- I really love the dialogue of the game and the character development between our hero and others; one suggestion I would say is to make the texts in game flow a little smoother. It seems like once I finish a battle/nego I am thrown into already existing dialogue from the past or from the current moment... Needing to scroll through the dialogue to figure out where I was and what just happened kind of dampers the experience of the text. Have the text roll down and allow the user to either "skip to end of text" or click through and read each box. 

2nd- I enjoyed the battles amongst our heroin and the other characters/creatures throughout the game. My suggestion would be to make a few more animations during combat. It would be really cool if when I choose to kill an enemy the animation isn't the same every time. Or different cards have different animations etc. (If you ever played assassins creed or skyrim I am suggesting animation like executions in those games.) I think it would help separate this game from others in the genre.

3rd- Darkest Dungeon does a very good walk through in its beginning scene. I would suggest maybe a pre story tutorial, that can be skipped, to walk players through negotiations/battles/mapnavigation/grifts.

4th- I assume there will be more maps and characters as the alpha turns to beta and beta closer to the launch date but an expanded map/characters would be killer.

5th- Made this suggestion through the game but I think it would be super super cool if your characters animations changed based on health- during and after battles. For example if my character is below 75% health you visibly see scratches and dirty cloths etc; below 50% maybe some  cuts with a little bit of blood, black eye, ripped clothing slightly hunched over; below 25% health clearly hunched over, breathes heavily, blood, swollen eye, etc.

Same suggestion with the negotiation battles as well- below 75% maybe have the hero look confused or puzzled or thinking hard; below 50% the hero begins to get agitated, looks flustered, bags under the eyes; below 25% health stressed, lowered jaw, breathing hard, anxious. etc. 

I am going to continue to play through and will report more feedback/suggestions as they come up! Super excited about this one!

PS: Im not to far in yet but an inventory for costumes that add perks and upgradeable weapons that add perks as you prestige or go through questing would be sweet.

I know you can see at least 2 other characters during the starting screen when you're beginning your run. So we have that coming. Considering what I've seen of the story (sitting at prestige 2) unless Sal's story unveils something big idk if there will be another map at least atm. But that's just my personal theory.

There are outfit options but it seems like they are purely cosmetic rewards for earning xp. 

Expanded animations I would expect to come as development continues. There' still placeholder art in certain parts of the story (kudos if you've found them). We all know Klei does things like this and then add's/updates animations as the game progresses (Oxygen Not Included is a perfect example of this).

So how does 1 get into the "Experimental Branch"?  It might not even exist yet but I gathered this would be the place for the external beta folk to partake in interim but possibly unstable builds between officious updates.

6 hours ago, Lord Gek said:

So how does 1 get into the "Experimental Branch"?  It might not even exist yet but I gathered this would be the place for the external beta folk to partake in interim but possibly unstable builds between officious updates.

yes, id like to partake as well lol

Archived