Jump to content

Printer Pod Balance - Reduced RNG impact


Recommended Posts

Suggestion for changing the printer pod.

Picture attached. There would be 4 slots for dupes and 4 tiered slots.

Tier 1 - 80% chance of a seed (and I mean all seeds, looking at you Thimble reed and waterweed), 20% chance of a single critter egg.

Tier 2 - 60% chance of a cluster of eggs or a baby critter, 40% chance of a raw mineral at the 'normal' volume.

Tier 3 - 70% chance of a raw mineral or ore and 30% chance of refined metal but quantity of either reduced by 15% of 'normal'.

Tier 4 - 50% chance for a raw mineral or ore but volume increased by 15% of tier 3. 50% chance of a refined metal but volume increased by 15% of tier 3.

Untitled-5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice idea.  The right care package at the right time can be the difference between a smooth run and a struggle. 

But I'd be happier with a food slot, an organism slot, and a stuff slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked this, would help in the pain of finding pufts for squeaky and dense pufts and adds variety of choices, maybe this could be unlocked via a research like " advanced printing pod" then a tinker upgrades it using 1t metal ore" and thats it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2019 at 12:09 PM, metallichydra said:

i'm afraid this will be too many choices.

 

oh, and welcome to the forums.

I don't disagree, however the printer pod needs some kind of way to get slightly more specific stuff out of it.

Thank you for the welcome, my main goal here is to get Ipsquiggle to notice me. He's so dreamy!

 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, Lurve said:

Nice idea.  The right care package at the right time can be the difference between a smooth run and a struggle. 

But I'd be happier with a food slot, an organism slot, and a stuff slot.

Add a seed slot and I'm on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Peabo_1 said:

I don't disagree, however the printer pod needs some kind of way to get slightly more specific stuff out of it.

Thank you for the welcome, my main goal here is to get Ipsquiggle to notice me. He's so dreamy!

 

Add a seed slot and I'm on board.

maybe the food slot could be 50% chance of having seeds (so you cant just use the printing pod as your main food source) (can be done with 2 dupes if there's always 1 food slot)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So hear me out, what if...Skill points as currency for the printer. Taking on more dupes gives you more points to spend when you skill them up. Higher tier items are now earned. No more easy save scumming for pacu or shove voles. The RNG of the printer really does make carnivore worthless. This might be the time where I look into how to make mods for this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...