Whats up with the Spider Den growth cycle?

Been playing DS & T for years. I always thought the spider dens took like 21 days to mature to t3. Well, in my current world I am at day 62 and there isn't a single T3 den yet in my world, neither on the surface nore in the caves.

Has this been changed? Do they only ripen if they are in vision range or something? I never had an issue with this before, I am confused.

110 days in. Still no tier 3. I don't even live terribly far from the nests. I have a spider quarry biome quite near. 

I visit them every couple of days to encourage growth? Doesn't seem to be working.

Nore have I ever had my base directly next to spider dens in my past countless worlds and it's never been a problem.

That might be a bug. I've had similar things happen to me but for evergreens, but never for spiderdens. You might wanna report that.

If it's an issue, the only solution I have is to swap to Webber and upgrade a few and then take them down.

7 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

If it's an issue, the only solution I have is to swap to Webber and upgrade a few and then take them down.

Love about DST, that you always learn new things? You can upgrade spider dens with webber? Heck? How cool!

Archived