One last plea for Cheese.

I love the new food and ingredients you guys just added with the new biomes!  I'm also thrilled to see mushrooms getting an end-game use!  That just leaves raw eggs as the only cooking ingredient that can't be used to make a high-end food[1].  So I'm going to make one last pitch for cheese to be added to the game.  If gassy moos could be milked, the milk could be turned into cheese (average quality food) in a new building (or even in the microbe musher or electric stove, if you want to take the path of least resistance).

The cheese, in turn, could be cooked with raw egg in the new gas range stove to make omelettes (high quality food).  To replace the omelette we currently have, raw egg could be cooked in the electric stove to make boiled (or poached) eggs (average quality food).  And voila, another use for gassy moos, a late-game use for eggs, and more food for our chefs to prepare for their fellow colonists!  Everybody wins...unless you add Lactose Intolerant as a negative trait.

[1] Unless you count meal lice.  And, I mean...come on, nobody's expecting those things to be used in a high quality dish.

Archived