Strange skill point restrictions

I am currently trying to level two of my dupes, but for some reason i cannot assign the skills i desire.

Camille is my scientist and i want to advance to "Field Research". It is her interest and she has a skill point ready. I am also meeting the requirement of "Advanced Research". Still i can not select it for her.

Strangly another skill on the same tier "Crop Tending" is available, even though it has even higher morale requirements since it is not her interest.

Spoiler

38A7FAE15A12BD47F9A6CDE6704A807298475583

Something similar is happening to Nikola, my miner. I want to advance to "Improved Digging I". Which is his interest. I have a skill point and "Superhard Digging", so i assume the requirements are met. Still it is blocked.

Spoiler

6CE5A12BB38FA97758FFAC886387FB35F1544831

I am uncertain whether this is a bug or i am simply overlooking something. Does anybody know more about this?

Dupes can no longer learn skills that push them above their current morale. It seems a little odd because morale easily changes on a daily basis. At least when it works right.

It's not a great system and will probably be reverted. After all it's no bid deal to reset their morale in the paint shaker skill scrubber.

Just now, bobucles said:

Dupes can no longer learn skills that push them above their current morale. It seems a little odd because morale easily changes on a daily basis.

That is obviously not true as can be seen in my screenshots.

I can take a tier 2 skill without interest (-2 net morale), while not being able to take a skill with interest (-1 net morale).

58 minutes ago, blash365 said:

That is obviously not true as can be seen in my screenshots.

I can take a tier 2 skill without interest (-2 net morale), while not being able to take a skill with interest (-1 net morale).

I think that part is an unintended bug.

Archived